• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID bulb differences

I tried to call yesterday to see when mine could be shipped out if I ordered one. No answer, but I'll try again today.

well I have been checking the link they sent in the confirmation email but I read the print at the top and it said it wouldn't be updated and not to call for order updates, that an email would be sent out when it ships. also it noted a delay of 1 to 2 weeks because of the holidays ... hoping that isn't the case anymore as i really want to get these now ....

I went ahead and ordered a Raptor kit based on another review I read. Sure the $15 shipping seems a little much but they should be an improvement even over my HIR bulbs.

Hey guys, I called them yesterday and actually got through. The guy said they have a shipment of Raptor ballasts coming in today, and that my order would be going out either today, or Monday. I'm assuming by Monday, he actually means Tuesday, due to the holiday.

The website says not to call about when your order ships, so I just told him I ordered on 1/7, and that I was told by another forum member that they were on back order, and I was wondering when they'd get more in. He asked for my name, and told me the above info. If you ordered this week, I'm guessing your order will be going out soon as well, unless they run out again from previous orders.

Mark

interested in how well they work. i may end up ordering a set of 9007 hish/lows for the GFs car. her lights are worse than a contours.

You looking at the single replacement that deletes the highs or the kit that angles the bulb to make it act like a high beam?

You looking at the single replacement that deletes the highs or the kit that angles the bulb to make it act like a high beam?
im looking at getting the 9007 hi/lo for an extra $25. obviously im not sure about DDMs kits, i can only assume they are the same, but most of them have dual arc tubes. one for the low and one for the high beam.

woot! just got the ups tracking email. delivery date is the 26th

Weird, you got your tracking number email the day before me, but your delivery date is 3 days after mine. I keep checking for status, and it doesn't even look like they've shipped! Maybe they're going to still guarantee the 23rd ship date, and overnight them..... :cool:

Mark

Weird, you got your tracking number email the day before me, but your delivery date is 3 days after mine. I keep checking for status, and it doesn't even look like they've shipped! Maybe they're going to still guarantee the 23rd ship date, and overnight them..... :cool:

Mark

yeah I wish they would honor the delivery date in the email. I have the tracking number but no tracking yet, which tell me it hasn't shipped. I don't know why they would print the labels before they actually ship the item out. I could see if it was done say at 4:30 and they finish for the day at 5. but its been a few days now ....

well not getting them until sometime next month ... sold out until the 30th :rolleyes: I can upgrade if I want.

Last edited:
well not getting them until sometime next month ... sold out until the 30th :rolleyes: I can upgrade if I want.

You got the phone call too, huh? :nonono: I think the girl was calling from China, I could barely understand a word she said. She said I should get mine in 2-3 weeks. I asked "by 2-3 weeks, do you mean I'll get them, or that you'll be calling me again to tell me it'll be another 2-3 weeks?"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I'm not in a huge hurry for them. I just don't agree with the way they email you a tracking number and they won't even ship for at least 2 more weeks. :blackeye:

Mark

Yeah i can't say I'm surprised. It does suck though. If they do drop the price, as they're supposed to by Feb, you should ask for a credit.

You got the phone call too, huh? :nonono: I think the girl was calling from China, I could barely understand a word she said. She said I should get mine in 2-3 weeks. I asked "by 2-3 weeks, do you mean I'll get them, or that you'll be calling me again to tell me it'll be another 2-3 weeks?"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I'm not in a huge hurry for them. I just don't agree with the way they email you a tracking number and they won't even ship for at least 2 more weeks. :blackeye:

Mark

yeah I got a voice mail. I think they called yesterday also. I called back right at 7 pm my time and got their voice mail that cut me off. I call back and it just rings and then nothing.

I'm not in a hurry but I kinda want these things to try them out. I mean if you know they where selling like hot cakes back in december how do you not have enough on hand now? seriously wtf.

Last edited:
I just got an email update with a departure scan number. If I get my kit before everyone I'll just wait to open it so we can feel more like a team.

did you select ground shipping?

well I just got off the phone with DDM. I decided to upgrade to the DDM HIDs. the difference is they have been selling those for 3 years and the raptor hids are a new product. price difference was $25 but they knocked $5 off since I was waiting. They are in stock and it should go out tonight.

and appearently the printing of some shipping labels on monday, which included mine was a mistake. That is why I got a call. they ran out of the ballasts for the raptor kit. which is odd since mark said when he spoke with them at the end of last week that they had a new shipment coming in. I was quoted the 2 to 3 weeks before I would get them. Also I asked about how they fill orders and was told its in the order the come in, unless someone selects something other then ground shipping then they get priority, which does make sense.

Last edited:
my updated order was shipped last night and will be in on the 29th. I knew it was to good to be true when they said most orders get to people in 3 days .... but then again I already knew that ground shipping from CA to CT takes 5 days ...

Back