• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bomz Racing shrot ram

Thats been said already. The MAF adapter isnt the correct size, the placing of the sensors is worse than on the stock piece and its cheaply made to boot.

If the NPG kit scares you, make you own. I have a BAT inlet pipe, KKM maf adapter, k&n filter and heat sheild that I pieced together. So many run this setup and the BOMZ just looks like crap. I would never put that on anything but a beater, maybe not even:shrug:

looks good man. hows its sound and perform? i might have to consider doing that instead... if i do anything any more. an approx cost... what would it be? i know the BAT inlet pipe is like 100. but what about hte MAF adaptor.

do you think its worth putting on an intake if i plan on selling it next year.

how much power and gas mileage advantage did you get. Im mostly looking for gas mileage

Not really because you wont get that money back. As far as gains go I dont think it would make a noticeable impact in your actual mileage since the stock filter isnt a restriction.

I bought a Bomz cold air intake "specialized" for my probe, didnt fit, seemed like an ebay scam sayin "Specialized" for whatever kind of car u type in. I made it work but it became a short ram instead of being down by the side of the bumper.

I bought one of these intakes from ebay and I've had a few issues on it. the IAT sensor doesn't fit in the welded bung. I had to wrap electrical tape around the sensor to make it fit and I had to buy nuts/bolts to use the MAF adapter. I bought it only cause my stock rubber intake developed a hole that I couldn't fix. however it works.

I'm going to buy the BOMZ kit that is in the classifieds right now, does anyone know how much smaller the maf adapter is? Can it be ported to fit/flow properly?

Back