• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Deck Mounted Sub

tropictour

CEG'er
Hey can someone post a picture or two of their rear deck sub? I am thinking of getting a mount. Also can you list what sub/amp combo. And any pros/cons to the setup. Im not looking for monster bass just a balance to the mids/highs. Thanks.
-tropictour

Hey can someone post a picture or two of their rear deck sub? I am thinking of getting a mount. Also can you list what sub/amp combo. And any pros/cons to the setup. Im not looking for monster bass just a balance to the mids/highs. Thanks.
-tropictour

Sorry it doen't look very clean, I had to cut it open to rewire the sub for the correct ohm load when I switched amps. I got kinda sloppy with the liquid nails resealing it. It used to be nice and carpeted, just haven't gotten around to spiffing it back up. Sounds awesome though.

DSC05831.jpg

It uses the carpet of the rear deck as a speaker grill (insulated backing removed from that area of course). Looking into the vehicle you can't even tell its there.
DSC05833.jpg
[/QUOTE]

steeda you didnt tell me you had diamond. im assuming those are pics of your car(correct me if im wrong) anyway pics look nice, i wish i could find a way to do that with my w7 but my sub doesnt do **** unless its in a slotport.

I used to have a diamond. It was stolen. I thinks it was someone surfing the boards soo i dont post pics of my stuff now

damn dude that suxs. if i ever caught someone steeling from me..........well lets just say i wouldn't have a use for two extra arms but i would rip theirs off, beat them to death with them and then maybe hang onto them to help out around the house er something.

Back