• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fed up with Team Ford!

Bills orders dont mean anything if they come next day cayuse 80% of the time they are wrong and need to be sent back..thats how my experience has been..

hey ask him about the pop rivet part number for the sideskirt brackets lol. I emailed him a few days ago with no response. :shrug:

whoops I'm a day late, the times matched up tho haha

Yeah, I ended up being on hold for 35 mins before I hung up. I called back and he answered and helped me out right away.

Way to leave someone hanging on hold. :blackeye:

He says the Midnight Blue paint, they ordered from another dealer that said they had it in stock. The dealer went to go get it off the shelf and it was not there. They never notified Team Ford, so they sat around waiting for it and after a week of waiting, they called that dealer and found out it never shipped out. He said yesterday he was going to make phone calls for me to track down the paint. I haven't heard back like I was supposed to, of course.

I finally got my refund for the wrong O2 sensor he sent, but it was credited to the wrong credit card!! WTF??

I finally got my refund for the wrong O2 sensor he sent, but it was credited to the wrong credit card!! WTF??

Hey guys!!!

In my defense, these are not all ME. I have a co worker now and it seems that he is still getting used to Internet orders. On top of that he is inline for a Kidney transplant and is on some serious drugs that I think may be affecting him.

BTW, his name is Bill Reed so you may be getting us confused.

I will agree 100 % that it is tough to get in touch with me. But I will admit that I answer most of emails and IM's and PM's in a timely manner. I must get about 30 voicemails a day, and if I can get them in time, it just doubles up. Business has grown greatly since I arrived here at Team Ford, and I do have other responsibilties on top of Parts, I run the IT department.

I feel that my pricing is on par with most other online sellers, but I must admit that I have the cheapest and fastest shipping around. Most of my orders are shipped DHL next day or 2nd day.

hotdimmes said:
hey ask him about the pop rivet part number for the sideskirt brackets lol. I emailed him a few days ago with no response.
Which email address? I never got it? (edit, found an replied to)

CSVT1214 said:
Yeah, I ended up being on hold for 35 mins before I hung up. I called back and he answered and helped me out right away.

Way to leave someone hanging on hold. :blackeye:

He says the Midnight Blue paint, they ordered from another dealer that said they had it in stock. The dealer went to go get it off the shelf and it was not there. They never notified Team Ford, so they sat around waiting for it and after a week of waiting, they called that dealer and found out it never shipped out. He said yesterday he was going to make phone calls for me to track down the paint. I haven't heard back like I was supposed to, of course.
This is a Bill Reed order not mine, I talked to you about it the first time the other day because Bill R. is out sick for the last 6 days. I explained that there was NONE around and I would make some calls to the vendor to see if I could get some. You have to understand that I can not email updates on orders every 15 minutes. I have to wait for the vendor to get back to me with the information. Ok Tony. And I do not put people on hold for that long, NEVER! I would tell that I will call back, but I know what it's like to be put on hold that long, I hate it too.

todras said:
I quit ordering from him. Screwed up too many times and didn't make it up to me. Wouldn't respond to my phone call as to why he did what he did.
Could you explain this better? What would I not make up to you? When customers have problems I usually help in some way, a shipping refund or free return shipping but something.

CSVT1214 said:
Well, I got home from work tonight and found a message on the answering machine, which I never use cause it's the home phone.

Bill Jenkins wanted me to call him back about a headlight I returned a few weeks ago under warranty because it was leaking water. He sent me the new one and I shipped back the old one.

Not once in the message was my current order mentioned about how I've been trying to reach them for weeks.
I just called to verify the problem of the defective one, you got a new one did you not? And as I said above, that was a Bill R. order, so how am I supposed to know about it when I call you?

FrozenSection said:
Dang, that's not good... it sounds like they've outgrown their infrastructure, or they've grown so big that the ordinary customer (e.g. non-dealer) becomes small fry.
To an extent yes, but like every business there are growing pains. By adding Bill R. that helped at first, but since his health is not so good anymore it is affecting some orders. In no way is CEG a small fry to me, I have been with you guys for just around 8 years now and these are the first real problem that you have had with me. I mean come one, one strike and I am out.

Every notice that I NEVER charge a restock fee, I offer part sometimes up to 50% off, I locate obsolete parts, and I know the Contour in and out, including 3.0l swaps. Do the other places do this?

If you want to get me, and only me. You can send requests to parts@teamford.com or use the many IM's I am on.
TeamFordparts on MSN, Yahoo, and AOL. I also use ICQ if needed.

Ok, venting is off. Proceed with the bashing.

Last edited:
Just placed an order with Bill J at Team Ford. I have ordered from them numerous times and all has been very good for me. The order today was no exception. Was on hold very briefly and order was placed.

It's been so long since it happened that I don't recall what the specifics of the issue were. I just recall being pissed after calling to ask what the deal was repeatedly and not getting a response. I'm a pretty easy going and understanding guy and looked past the earlier issues I'd had. That issue put the nail in the coffin.

Bills orders dont mean anything if they come next day cayuse 80% of the time they are wrong and need to be sent back..thats how my experience has been..

80 % COME ONE! Get real will you. Are you talking about your odd ball 3.0L swap. Do you know how many different items you wanted? I mean I can't work wonders on a non-OEM engine swap. That whole situation was a headache to begin with.

So bill, what email should we use to contact you then? parts@teamford.com or bjenkins@teamfordlv.com ?

I used the 2nd one. Also how long do your emails take to get back to people? It's been an hour so far and I've yet to get a response. I know that sounds kind of impatient, but emails for me usually take like 5 minutes.

Not trying to sound impatient, just want to have everything to mount my skirts!

For the record, I think I've had two dealing with bill and both have gone over well. Centercaps and an alternator. :)

So bill, what email should we use to contact you then? parts@teamford.com or bjenkins@teamfordlv.com ?

I used the 2nd one. Also how long do your emails take to get back to people? It's been an hour so far and I've yet to get a response. I know that sounds kind of impatient, but emails for me usually take like 5 minutes.

Not trying to sound impatient, just want to have everything to mount my skirts!

For the record, I think I've had two dealing with bill and both have gone over well. Centercaps and an alternator. :)

The best one to use is parts@teamfordlv.com or parts@teamford.com

I did just check my email and I have nothing from today from you? I wonder if some of these are hitting my SPAM filter?

Resend the email again if you could please so I can test some things out.

Also try IM'ng me, that works too.
And yes, you can be put on hold on IM. I get about 30 emails, 20 phonecalls, and about a dozen IM's per day and can get busy.

Last edited:
80 % COME ONE! Get real will you. Are you talking about your odd ball 3.0L swap. Do you know how many different items you wanted? I mean I can't work wonders on a non-OEM engine swap. That whole situation was a headache to begin with.

Bill I dont think I ever called regarding an engine swap or all that you just said..You must have me mistaken :blackeye: . I was upset over a few parts like the LCA bolts that I badly needed but when i got them, I got 8 big bolts and 8 big nuts (that sounded bad haha) instead of 4 big and 4 small. It was little things like that that really got to me. Dont get me wrong, anything to go wrong or a part i would need, youd be the first person id call, he'll ur even in my cell phone! BUT I strongly feel that the orders you send out should be checked or double checked. I apologize if I offended you as it was not my intention. I wanted you to just have better customer service and not have your customers get wrong parts or have any confusions with parts. Your a great guy to talk with and etc as you are around from this area, but service needs some touch up, thats all really.

Yeah, I'm with gooner. You're a real nice guy and easy to work with. Very knowledgeable about the Contour too. I guess its just a bunch of small things that got to us (well me anyway), but I'll admit that all issues were resolved, eventually. Many of us on here can't trust a dealer because of too many bad experiences and we were just worried that you were falling into that "bad dealer" role. I'll still order parts from you, but I think a CEG bonus would be to double check orders shipped out to us. It seems like its your personnel that is really the at root of the problem. You should probably tell them to double check orders before they ship out.

Bill I dont think I ever called regarding an engine swap or all that you just said..You must have me mistaken :blackeye: . I was upset over a few parts like the LCA bolts that I badly needed but when i got them, I got 8 big bolts and 8 big nuts (that sounded bad haha) instead of 4 big and 4 small.

Your are correct, I did get consfused :crazy: It's always tough putting a real name to the CEG name, you know.

I wanted you to just have better customer service and not have your customers get wrong parts or have any confusions with parts. Your a great guy to talk with and etc as you are around from this area, but service needs some touch up, thats all really.

Point well taken and there will be an effort put into getting things out right the first time. A little training is in order when he gets back.

Thanks

Back