• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do FSVT calipers clear E0's/E1's?

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Exactly as title says, will FSVT front calipers clear stock 16" SVT wheels?

I'm thinking about getting some FSVT front brakes because I might be able to get a great deal, but if they do not clear E1's this sways my decision...

Yes i've been searching and actually still am searching but if anyone knows it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I would guess yes considering the brake upgrade that uses the FSVT rotor and moves the caliper out to fit doesnt have an issue.

all i can say is the knuckle on the SVT focus is different than a non svt focus. that's why we cant use non-SVT focus brakes. i think i am correct at least. so just remember that.

as long as the caliper isn't bigger I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

for reference here is my car with the NPG front kit installed with stock 16" wheels

picture.php

and as stated above I recall a thread (on the old forum maybe) that highlighted that the focus knuckle is different then ours and aftermarket kits will not bolt up. I do recall that spacers are needed to make the FSVT front brakes work.

First, The FSVT front brakes WILL fit under CSVT E1s for sure. Don't forget you will need 3mm worth of hardened washers to space the caliper out, and you will need longer OEM type caliper bolts to account for the extra length (see the previous threads on the subject) But they definately will fit.

Second, the FSVT focus knuckles are definately different from the standard Focus knuckles of the same time period (I quit following the focus brake designs after '04). The FSVT knuckle is similar in design to the CSVT in the way the brake caliper mounts. THe std focus knuckle does away with the caliper anchor bracket, and makes it integral to the knuckle, so FSVT/CSVT type brakes will NOT work w/ the regular focus knuckle, nor will brakes designed for the std focus knuckle work with the FSVT/CSVT style of knuckle.

First, The FSVT front brakes WILL fit under CSVT E1s for sure. Don't forget you will need 3mm worth of hardened washers to space the caliper out, and you will need longer OEM type caliper bolts to account for the extra length (see the previous threads on the subject) But they definately will fit.

Yea, I found that out. I've been doing a bit of research on suspension/brake setups. Plan is to collect brake/suspension parts over the winter and install once the car comes out of storage in the spring.

Rara, I may shoot you a PM at some point about a setup you used to run or maybe still do run. Saw a post you made on the old forums way back and had a couple questions about it.

do you think the 12" wilwood kit would fit with a 16" wheel? im looking for some track tires and would prefer to use the stock wheels for a bigger tire

or i can drive 1/4 of the distance to buffalo and put my e0's on! haha.
maybe i'll try it when i go home for thanksgiving

The 11" wilwood kit doesn't fit E1's without a spacer,I have them on my car.The 12" kit definetly won't work.If you have a different style wheel they could work without a spacer.

Back