• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

18k miles SVT on eBay

This SVT was the UGLY ass light blue CSVT that originated from Cali. It was bought by this guy in Texas and was repainted. It was originally t-red. I was going to buy this car before the paint job for 9.5K until I came across the gem I own today. I always felt there was somthing sketchy about this car but what do I know.....He's a member on here to. Hope it stays in the CEG family!

^^^

Ahhh, now it makes sense. Thanks for the insight SVTcontourSVT. I was feeling a little ripped off from recently buying my SVT with 55k miles...all better now. That's sad that such a low milage SVT has that bad of a track record.

Well I don’t know to what extent the "damage" if you even what to call it that is. I know it was keyed so the original owner painted it a sky blue. It sold a month before I bought my car to the guy in Texas for cheap. Who knows how cheap that really was.... Anyways he bought it with the intentions on flipping it to make money and decided to keep it based on the condition of everything. Mysteriously 2 weeks later it was listed on ebay and caused a big thread on here...http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=28503). Anyways he ended up keeping it, and got it resprayed Sil fro. He then posted this when something broke on it...http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=31284 Fixed it and must have put some good miles on it even though he said it was a weekend car for him. He bought it with 12,100 miles and has 18,000 already. I haven’t even put over 1.5K miles in practically the same time of ownership. Anyways all of this aside for $8.5K idk, sounds tempting but food for thought, look at the pictures. Passenger side floor mat pic look at the glove box, looks like a scrape. Look at engine bay pic aside from being extremely dirty it looks like black paint. The seats look good but all the scuff panels looked extremely scuffed for a low mileage car and the trunk lease looks scuffed. I'm done:laugh:’

Well I don’t know to what extent the "damage" if you even what to call it that is. I know it was keyed so the original owner painted it a sky blue. It sold a month before I bought my car to the guy in Texas for cheap. Who knows how cheap that really was.... Anyways we bought it with the intentions on flipping it to make money and decided to keep it based on the condition of everything. Mysteriously 2 weeks later it was listed on ebay and caused a big thread on here...http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=28503). Anyways he ended up keeping it, and got it resprayed Sil fro. He then posted this when something broke on it...http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=31284 Fixed it and must have put some good miles on it even though he said it was a weekend car for him. He bought it with 12,100 miles and has 18,000 already. I haven’t even put over 1.5K miles in practically the same time of ownership. :laugh:’

I don't get it. When did you buy this SVT and do you still own it? Did YOU mysteriously list this car on eBay two weeks after you bought it, or did someone else list it on eBay, without your knowledge or permission, two weeks after your bought it?

And if you bought the car, how on earth would you let the seller keep the car and paint it? And why would this guy WANT to paint a car that he just sold to you?

Something's not making sense here.

Haha, yea that's a pretty long list of mysterious stuff and he sure did rack up the miles. You sound as fussy as I am when it comes to cars...things have got to be perfect.

I don't get it. When did you buy this SVT and do you still own it? Did YOU mysteriously list this car on eBay two weeks after you bought it, or did someone else list it on eBay, without your knowledge or permission, two weeks after your bought it?

And if you bought the car, how on earth would you let the seller keep the car and paint it? And why would this guy WANT to paint a car that he just sold to you?

Something's not making sense here.
he doesnt own the car.

Ok I just noticed on the picture of the passenger side floor mat you can see the door sill is still the baby blue color. But I remember this car origially had E0s. Now it has E1s?

Ok I just noticed on the picture of the passenger side floor mat you can see the door sill is still the baby blue color. But I remember this car origially had E0s. Now it has E1s?

There are too many things that don't add up with this car.

Someone just said it used to be T-Red, was painted blue, then Silver. If it was originally T-Red, why is the engine bay picture showing black? :rolleyes:

I have never owned this car. I meant to say he not we, sorry. I've talked to the owner dozens of times and thats how I know all this. It did originally have E0's as Sam stated. For $8500 it may be a steal but there could be somthing wrong with it. IMO It doesnt add up and I dont think it's as nice it may look. If im selling a low mileage CSVT I would also start with a dollar bid and let it work its way up, why would you settle for 8500 when somone might pay way more plus a fresh sil fro paint job couldent have been cheap.....

Someone just said it used to be T-Red, was painted blue, then Silver. If it was originally T-Red, why is the engine bay picture showing black? :rolleyes:
It might be possible that when it was painted blue the engine compartment was can sprayed black to cover the red primer and stuff in the engine bay. Still it all kind of strange.

And a brand new paint job that has scuffs and rock chips already? It'd be a good deal if there wasn't such a weird laundry list of a past behind it.

Mark

IIRC it was painted black when it got the ugly blue paint. The original owner was the one who said the original color was t-red.

Haha, yea that's a pretty long list of mysterious stuff and he sure did rack up the miles. You sound as fussy as I am when it comes to cars...things have got to be perfect.

Yea you have no idea man, I cant help but notice everything.

Back