• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L Duratec shaking like it's scared

Its a 1 bolt bushing/mount idk what it is but it has on bolt going through the center of the rubber cylinder looking piece... try to follow me on this one lol ready... The bushing is round and is about as long as the shift key to the ~ key on your key board and as wide as the Z key to the end of V key and it gets only SLIGHTLY slimmer by maybe ¼ inch. that cylinder shapped rubber piece sits in a cup that is bolted to the sidewall and a bolt goes through the middle of it down to the bracket which is on TOP of the tranny...this is all below the intake (not the element aka filter) but the piping... if you can send me your number in a p.m. i can send you pics i took and i bet you would say ohhhh i know what that is lol... Thanks though Ray I hope you know what i'm talking about

That's what i thought also... than i was faxed a illustration from the ford dealer and it wasn't that... if someone could show me a picture i can sooo tell you if it's that or not... the way my work computer is set up i can't upload or do anything with pictures... otherwise i would of uploaded by now also my laptop at home is haywire.

Went to the dealership finally during lunch... gave me part number... can someone verify... i tried on Bill J's site but it didn't work F7RZ 6068 AA... he showed me a picture of it kinda looked right... he said it comes in a assembly however i can not just buy the bushing and center bolt because the bushing isn't suppose to pop out... so now i have to HOPE the part comes with TQ. specific instructions...

Went to the dealership finally during lunch... gave me part number... can someone verify... i tried on Bill J's site but it didn't work F7RZ 6068 AA... he showed me a picture of it kinda looked right... he said it comes in a assembly however i can not just buy the bushing and center bolt because the bushing isn't suppose to pop out... so now i have to HOPE the part comes with TQ. specific instructions...

Yea, it comes as an assembly, you have to take the whole bracket off. My brother just did it on his car. It wasent a cheap part either.

It wasn't costly though 15% off came out to 95.36... Can you obtain theTq. specific details on re-assembling everything? Oh and I ordered Energy Suspension Engine Mount Insterts to prevent my motor from doing un-wanted motions if I'm at the track.

Back