• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Re-dyno'd the 3l turbo

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok well I went down to Team Ford today cause Jerry ,a high ranking sct rep was there (one of the co-founders of sct) and he re-dyno tuned the car. It is leaking at the bov (damn rfl's) but the egt's are fixed and not spiking anymore and the tune is great for now, that is till the Gulf Coast Thunder meet when Joey really fine tunes it. This had to be done now due to my current home life situation, so please dont be upset I had to do this today Joey, you will be fine tuning it at gct:cool:

It was running verrrry lean hence the spiking egt's. Also the tune that was on it the Spark was at factory settings, for a n/a 2.5l csvt. He fixed all that and with the leaking bov I went from 265.2hp to 313.9hp and from 241.9tq to 321.4tq. It was running soo lean I belive cause it was tuned for Alky and I havent ran it.

Once I get the bov situation fixed he said he is 100% confident that it will dyno at around 340-360. Mainly cause the peak hp was at around 4500rpm then the boost went back to 8psi cause of the leak, if I maintained 14psi it would have kept rising and gotten alot more hp #'s

THANK YOU ERIC (sicse) for hooking me up brother, it was great meeting you man, and yes that is one SICSE dude, hot 3l! Post what you dyno'd.

Getting strapped down
dyno8-23-08313hp321tq001.jpg

1st vid at 265.2hp and 241.9tq @ 8psi

2nd run, the computer didnt save it. @ 8psi

3rd run 267.4hp and 260.3 tq @ 8psi

4th run 268.3hp and 259.2tq @ 8psi

5th run 311.0hp and 320.3tq @ 14psi

6th run 313.9hp and 321.4tq @ 14psi

1st dyno run chart @ 8psi
dynocharts001.jpg

final run chart @ 14psi then back down to 8psi
dynocharts002.jpg

hey not bad but i am guessing you don't have the wastegate hooked up to the UIM because if you did the turbo would still build the boost to 14 psi or very close plus you loose some boost up top even with no leaks because the bends and intercoolers etc create more pressure at the turbo head than in the UIM. If you don't have the wastegate feed hooked up there do yourself a big favor go outside and reroute it to the UIM I promise you it will make a huge difference in power. No problem about the tune its seems the car is running rich more than I like period better to get it to 12.2 area.

How do I re-route it to the uim Joey?
And yeah I will have you adjust everything including the a/f at gct, that way its 100% dialed in, this is a temporary fix till gct.

What 3l are you running? Stock internals?

Looks like great number! Car looks good man, these videos make me wanna break down and put an npg kit on my 3l!!:laugh:

I tapped my wastegate and BOV and boost controller and boost guage in the 3/8" plastic line in the UIM the one that goes to the brake booster on the UIM side. I use a 3/8" tee and some 3/8 ID fuel line or vacuum line branch it off to the components with reducers and tees. Joey

I tapped my wastegate and BOV and boost controller and boost guage in the 3/8" plastic line in the UIM the one that goes to the brake booster on the UIM side. I use a 3/8" tee and some 3/8 ID fuel line or vacuum line branch it off to the components with reducers and tees. Joey

lol ok I have no clue, I guess I will bring the stuff to gct and give you some cash to do that for me, when I dont know how to do something like that I dont mess with it cause I dont wanna mess it up.

you should fix the bov and then just give me the car that'd be sweet:shrug:

Sure, just give me $12,000 for the new bov and you get a free 3l turbo car with the purchase:laugh:

sweet numbers ryan:). i still say mines faster than urs though.:laugh:

Thanks man but you need about 7 more hp to be as fast, let alone faster,lol and when the bov is fixed, yeah I will leave it at that for now:eek:, I am just happy the egt's are now normal, I wasnt going there for more hp, I just wanted to see why the egt's were spiking and get that fixed.

Ive always wanted a sf and watching these videos makes me really want a 3L turbo sf haha, i love this car!!!:laugh:

That's okay, bad..

You can borrow about 40hp from me. Even when his BOV is fixed you'l be about tied.
:D :D

Lookin good Ryan.

hahahaha damn you Ray, I know what yours has, it about made me poop my pants when Tom took me for a ride in it back in the day.

Yeah its getting there, I am happy for now, of course that never lasts, so for now I am content, then at gct the power will be increased of course then I start to plan how to get more power after that:cool:

They're all a blast, man. I personally think its trivial from 350 up... Anything that weighs ~3200lbs with a driver and has 350hp a the wheels will snap your neck anyway...

All fun machines and yours is looking as slick as ever my man!

Lol, thanks man... but if mine is sick, yours is a f*cking beast! Good to meet you too - it's nice to put a face to the name.

I'm holding off on my next dyno post until my detonation is gone and I can have a solid run all the way to redline. I did edit my sig to show my new numbers though. :cool:

This is a very good point and a possiblitiy that I should have thought of while we were f*cking with it. :blackeye:

It's running that rich to keep the EGT's down. At and above 12, he was eclipsing 1400° at 8psi.

Hi EGTs are not only from fuel but to much timing pulled makes to much heat alot of tuners are scared to run this car up to 20* on top with boost this will help make power and keep EGTs down. Remember the exhaust gas is hotter than the metal it takes a really long time to melt down metals plus when you are monitoring all cylinders you will have some real hot numbers because at all times there is heat traveling down the pipes from every cylinder if you have it on one runner you will allow the heat to scavenge out and have time to cool down between fires. I was seeing 700-800 celcius on the road course with precats and we never burnt a anything down.

Back