• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WOnt Start !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahowie

CEG'er
okay heres the problem im having.. for about a week ill be driving and i will loose power, not all electrical but it seems like just power to the ignition, car will either come back after a few seconds or roll to a stop. i wait a few minutes and it restarts. now its in my driveway and its dead, i turn the key on and i can here the relay and fuel pump clicking but car doesnt crank at all.

i checked all the wiring i could see, positive and negative battery terminals.
checked fuses, tired jumping the car with no luck and i tried a new battery still nothing. i thought maybe it has something to do with my alarm i tried disabling that still no luck.

anything you guys can think of will be appreciated..

Have you tried starting the car by applying power directly to the starter?

The clutch position switch, the starter relay, the PATS module, etc are all "before" the starter and must all be good to allow the starter to function.

If you can apply a positive supply directly to the starter terminal itself and it turns, you've narrowed your problem to something between the battery and the starter.

edit: obviously, make sure the car is in Neutral, or Park, and that the key is in the "on" position to stay running..

turn the key to "on" and see if the pats light on the dash stays on for 1 second solid then goes out.. if so, your PATS is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back