• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its getting to be that time again: 2009 CEG Calendar

wait, wat? i put the new on top of the old, is there that much of a difference? or are u saying that i should go out and take more and compare to what i already have?

I haven't yet seen a pre98 Mystique I'd want to look at for 28-31 days straight, not even my own.

That being said, zorrex is telling you to compare the photographs you've taken with those from past years looking at composition, framing, and overall quality to help you see why the picture of you pulled off the side of the road isn't something that would ever get in a magazine.

For there to even be a remote chance, you'd need to lose the spoiler, get sideskirt caps, rims, lower, and hire a professional photographer. Or just buy an SVT.

I'm going to be VERY blunt here man. Do you think that I would rather look at your stock 13 year old gold 4-banger Mystique with steelies, or a car like Blu_fuz's, Starjammir's, svttour's, BrApple's, SVT SNOB's, etc., or my own for that matter? The latter cars have a LOT of time and effort into making them visually appealing and distinctive, and should be recognized as such. Hence, why they would most likely be calendar choices. Also, notice that these are not all SVTs that I mentioned. IMO, it's all about the look and the effort behind the cars. Furthermore, as nice as the car might be, the right location and photography skills complete the equation.

I'm going to be VERY blunt here man. Do you think that I would rather look at your stock 13 year old gold 4-banger Mystique with steelies, or a car like Blu_fuz's, Starjammir's, svttour's, BrApple's, SVT SNOB's, etc., or my own for that matter? The latter cars have a LOT of time and effort into making them visually appealing and distinctive, and should be recognized as such. Hence, why they would most likely be calendar choices. Also, notice that these are not all SVTs that I mentioned. IMO, it's all about the look and the effort behind the cars. Furthermore, as nice as the car might be, the right location and photography skills complete the equation.

Time means nothing - it's all about having the right direction and the right starting point. I can guarantee you that 95_Mystique has spent waaaay more time working on the visual aspect of his car than I have mine, but I'd like to think mine's a bit more calendar-worthy.

IMG_2493.jpg

i agree with purplemystique, you guys are starting off with cars that have better styling to begin with, and MUCH better colors. i'm starting off with a stock 95 GS. i know mine isnt much AT ALL to look at, but is it really an EPIC FAIL? i mean, swap the hood, headlights and tail lights and i have a 95 SE w/o SE rims and a slightly different spoiler.

for me it's just the wheels. They are ugly.
I wouldn't want that in a calendar pic on my wall.
I think overall the car looks clean and you've kept it looking nice.
You just gotta complete the overall appearance.
Do you really find those wheels attractive enough to hang on your wall for 30 days straight?
Especially compared to all of the other calendar pictures over the years?

Back