• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gumball 3000 in Los Angeles

gotapex

CEG'er
Is anyone going this Saturday? I'll be at the car display on Hollywood Blvd. Will be bringing two black Nobles, mine and a friend's.

If you are going to be there, come say hi. :)

Before the Gumball stickers go on:

frontquarter2.jpg

Is anyone going this Saturday? I'll be at the car display on Hollywood Blvd. Will be bringing two black Nobles, mine and a friend's.

If you are going to be there, come say hi. :)

Before the Gumball stickers go on:

frontquarter2.jpg
Why even buy a contour when you can drive that lol.... i didn't even know about the gumball 3000 ...maby ill have to go!

If youre driving in it, your crazy.

I would ride since I have a heavy foot especially in that. Good luck with the police.

I would love the gumball, but I dont think I have the money to do it or the resources to duplicate driver Licenses. :laugh:

Are you running in it, or just showing?

I know I have read somewhere (looking right now) that rallys like this actually offer insurance for the police and all of the tickets you are bound to get. But you pay an arm, leg, eyeball, ear, and testicle for it.:laugh:

I am going to be up in LA on Saturday. Where is this happening? What time etc...?
Its something I'd love to check out.

Nevermind, I just found this. If I don't go in LA I will definitely go in SD.
2008_carshow_invites.gif

i may be there, my brother is going to be filming the race. hes going from SF to LA, then SD and Las Vegas. hes filming with the puma team

I would love the gumball, but I dont think I have the money to do it or the resources to duplicate driver Licenses. :laugh:

Are you running in it, or just showing?

Nah, just showing. I'm not nearly rich enough to run.

I have seen the cars when its all done, not a pretty site. I would hate to see a Noble in that kind of condition.

I have seen the cars when its all done, not a pretty site. I would hate to see a Noble in that kind of condition.

Yeah, Hayden Christensen wanted to borrow my Noble for the last Gumball. Offered a visit to the Playboy Mansion as compensation. Um, no.

Yeah, I dont think I even would have considered that, possibly even offended. For some its Woman > Cars, others its Cars > *

So is anyone going down to the LA event? I will be up there doing car shiz and will probably stop in.
Going to the anaheim pick a part for their 50% off sale early on Saturday too if anyone want to stop in or needs anything.

Yeah, I dont think I even would have considered that, possibly even offended. For some its Woman > Cars, others its Cars > *

Well, for me, Woman > Cars, but I already got mine. :)

Anyhow...

Here are a few pictures I took in LA:

The setup of the display cars:

fezzas.jpg

fordgt.jpg

scions.jpg

The Gumballers start rolling in:

rollin1.jpg

More later.

i was too lazy to take pictures here in SD, but i did see some sick cars when i dropped my bro off at the Ivy hotel, hes filming for the puma team and is basically following orlando jones on the road. the guy running the show has a custom jaguar sports car that looks insane and orlando jones is running around in a prototype landrover lse two-door suv, theres also an arab shiek from saudi arabia rollin around in a chrome dipped lambo (all the exterior panels were either painted chrome or dipped in chrome).

ill post my lil bro's film when he flys back to SF from LV

The Hoff arrived in an R8. I guess KITT couldn't make it all the way down.

DSC00546.JPG

The Gumpert was absolutely nasty looking, so very very mean.

gumpert1.jpg

gumpert2.jpg

On the funny side, The Hoff was made fun of on the show by TMZ coz of his self promotion; his name stickered all over his car. Hoff said, "He was running with the Gumball guys..." Goes to show that you shouldn't believe all the tabloids. I for one am glad he shows off his ride at the Gumball!

TMZ didn't even know what the Gumball was... They thought it was a something about a fat guy.... :help:

Why were you watching anything produced by TMZ....?

Gotapex, I think I saw you cruising around a few weeks back (on the 134 at the 5). Really no way to tell, but I figure there can't be THAT many black Nobles in LA....

Why were you watching anything produced by TMZ....?

Gotapex, I think I saw you cruising around a few weeks back (on the 134 at the 5). Really no way to tell, but I figure there can't be THAT many black Nobles in LA....

i was waiting for the olympics to come on... and some of the other stuff on the show was amusing, to say the least. but... it still sounds like an excuse, huh.

Back