• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Downriver Cruise

Necronommicon

CEG'er
Does anybody plan on attending this? I know last year I met Contourguy9817 (Steve I think?) there. Would be kind of cool to have a large turn out. It's on June 28th and starts at 10:00am runs till 10pm or midnight. I might just have both of my cars there.

Does anybody plan on attending this? I know last year I met Contourguy9817 (Steve I think?) there. Would be kind of cool to have a large turn out. It's on June 28th and starts at 10:00am runs till 10pm or midnight. I might just have both of my cars there.

I'd like to go if I can swing the day off from work. I wanted to go to the Piqua meet but it's the same day and further away so if I have to make a choice, it'll be the downriver cruise. I just need to know where people will be parking.

Well when we used to meet out there we always parked at the Super K in Southgate on the northbound side of Fort st. I remember a few years ago we had a total of 20 + conturs come thru there. Ahh... the good ole days...

Yeah what the hell why not!
boxing.gif
Only if you take me for a ride in the 3L goodness! j/k but seriously I want a ride

Ok so heres a possible list of people so far.

1.Necronommicon
2.The Mad Ugly SVT
3.ContourGuy9817
4.xdetroitx
5.LightShow

Adam, you should get shaved down here too. Maybe we can set up a little tent bring a BBQ some beer and just enjoy the cars. Any body else have any ideas? We could probably do it in the K-mart or Meijer lot. Not sure if there is maybe a better spot or not. Let me know if there is.

1.Necronommicon
2.The Mad Ugly SVT
3.ContourGuy9817
4.xdetroitx
5.LightShow
6.Mcconnectioncc

As far as a meeting spot goes, I'm one of the Pepsi reps for the Super K on Fort st. I'm going to talk to the store coach and see if I can reserve some space for us. Of course I will need to know aprox how much space to ask for.

Sound like super k,even sounds like we might get vip.I'll take you for a ride may even put you in the driver seat.I have problems with my big foot and would like toput some miles on in before I rip on it.Too many focus svt's and srt4's like to show off and get beat over here.

Since my GF is from woodhaven we disscussed maybe coming.

If i am not working i have no problem seeing her family then swing by for a bit.

Sounds like we might get a good turn out. No matter what I will be going. I wonder what time I should show up to reserve or hold the spots if they can't be held for us.

Hey Don,I just remembered that i'm going to be w/o internet for a lil bit.I'm moving this weekend over to 22nd street in wyandotte.Got a house over there.But all the comcast dodads need to be turned in today.So I won't be back on the site until after the 10th.I have your #,so don't be suprised if you get a call.Adam

1.Necronommicon
2.The Mad Ugly SVT
3.ContourGuy9817
4.xdetroitx
5.LightShow
6.Mcconnectioncc
7.Reddired

what time are we looking at arriving?
i took my marauder there last year, and i know you guys won't believe this but in front of the Mercury dealership, i was able to convince a state cop in a charger to burn out.......then he asked me to!!!! how cool is that!!:cool:

what time are we looking at arriving?
i took my marauder there last year, and i know you guys won't believe this but in front of the Mercury dealership, i was able to convince a state cop in a charger to burn out.......then he asked me to!!!! how cool is that!!:cool:

I'm calling BS :laugh: (j/k)

Well it starts at 10am so I was thinking of getting there around maybe 8 is to try to reserve some spots unless maybe I should get there earlier. I can get there as early as needed and start making spots for everyone.

Good luck setting a turnout for that one because its declined over the years and it kinda sucks because IMO its the best of the big 3 cruizes of the year:cool: I'll be down there though, parking in the K-Mart lot, on the corner of the parking lot no doubt.

Back