• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ahhh 14's :)

00stealthySVT

CEG'er
Mutlipul passes at 14.8 and 14.9
temp out side was about 55ish

i cant find the other slips but the one i do have is

Dial 15.00
r/t .060
60' 2.3
330' 6.388
1/8th 74.04 mph
1000' 12.558
1/4 14.990
92.73 mph

wooot!

spec 1
fiddy flywheel
custom 3'' y-pipe back
bald tires
3'' cai
no tuning at all
koni/eibach suspension
heavy wheels
oh and the grinding 3rd gear mod lol

not too shabby to BPU

Nice run man, did you finally go to a better track or did they acutally prep the track better?

Those are really nice times man. Congrats :)

What are these heavy wheels you keep posting in each thread you create :shrug:

some off brand i picked up off a neco'er

they look like 03 terminator wheels from a cobra

dual 7 spoke pattern

and this is 2.5l with stock trans and full interior

Steahly throw up a pic when you get a chance?

Next time when the wheels are off, or atleast one of them is, get a scale and weigh them. I did that with my 18's wheels+tire = 30lbs :cool:

When I first saw this thread, I thought you might have been running 14" wheels, perhaps shod with these wheel covers:

Fd17004.jpg

Upon reading, however, I see you're turning fine times. Congratulations!

Those are authentic Contour wheel covers! :laugh:

They are.

A co worker had a 4cly contour with those hubcaps on it, we would go out for a brak pop them off and throw them like a frisby. lol man would he get pissed :laugh:

They are.

A co worker had a 4cly contour with those hubcaps on it, we would go out for a brak pop them off and throw them like a frisby. lol man would he get pissed :laugh:

Back when I was selling, I had a couple trade a toreador red 1999 4 banger for a Focus. Not sure why -- the Contour was low mileage and perfect. Anyway, in the glove box was the original Ford Audio Demonstration Tape, so I grabbed it. Ford used Loran cassettes -- Loran having gained a name for high quality cartridges in the 1980s, and for making one that could withstand sun and extreme heat. The quality of that cassette is spectacular. I played it on my 3-head Onkyo deck from 1984 through a set of 1993 Mirage speakers, and it will blow your damn doors off. :cool:

1201779373828080_3.jpg

To keep this relevant, though, I don't think that 4-banger would have run in the 14s. Maybe if the track were on a really steep hill.

yup ran at norwalk and for a pic its from a camera phone..
right after i got done doing my clutch / flywheel

yup ran at norwalk and for a pic its from a camera phone..
right after i got done doing my clutch / flywheel

Holy crap we almost have the same car.

Same t-redI have almost the same style rims, dark headlights too. I have tinted windows though.

Nice looking t-red. :drool:

Those rims are not heavy at all. they weigh in at 35 pounds with tires:shrug:

Stock countour wheels with tires weigh in at 31lbs:shrug:

18's inch wheels with tires at 35 lbs is pretty much normal accross the boards.

I can't help thinking your weights are a little optimistic. Consider that an "average" 18" wheel weighs maybe 22-24 lbs and an "average" 18" tire weighs maybe 23-24 lbs, that puts your average total at 45-48 lbs. The lightest 18" wheel (18 x 7.5) you'll find weighs maybe 15 lbs (read forged, expensive) and the lightest 18" tire (225/40-18) you'll find weighs maybe 21 lbs, putting the lightest total at 36 lbs.

Last edited:
Holy crap we almost have the same car.

Same t-redI have almost the same style rims, dark headlights too. I have tinted windows though.

Nice looking t-red. :drool:

Those rims are not heavy at all. they weigh in at 35 pounds with tires:shrug:

Stock countour wheels with tires weigh in at 31lbs:shrug:

tint is on the way. 20 % all the way around.

im not sure the weight on them. ill take one off when im not lazy haha

I can't help thinking your weights are a little optimistic. Consider that an "average" 18" wheel weighs maybe 22-24 lbs and an "average" 18" tire weighs maybe 24-25 lbs, that puts your average total at 46-49 lbs. The lightest 18" wheel (18 x 7.5) you'll find weighs maybe 15 lbs (read forged, expensive) and the lightest 18" tire (225/40-18) you'll find weighs maybe 23 lbs, putting the lightest total at 38 lbs.

Blu fuzz 18 inch chrome wheels weighed in on 44lbs with tires.

My 18's with tires are 30lbs. So i have no idea what type of wheels/ tires you are talking about :shrug: Plus i ordered them from UK from a racing company because they look sweet and were the lightest rim in this style that i wanted.

steeda's 18's weighed in on 13.7lbs his were 5 spoke black wheels.

Back