• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

got tired of the SE front bumper

Onimitsu

CEG'er
well i know some people on the form has done this before, and i am sick and tired of how my front bumper does not match my side skirts so i went to the junk yard and picked up a front spiter of a pre 98 Mystique ( i think that's what they are called:shrug: ) so after a little messing around i got it on but it needs to cleaned and some repairing. but i got a great deal on 2 of them so:laugh:

well enough talking here is my car with it on!!

100_1607.jpg

100_1608.jpg

100_1609.jpg

100_1611.jpg

100_1612.jpg

100_1613.jpg

100_1614-1.jpg

Clean the lip spoiler and put some 303 protectant on it, ditch the stock grill it would pretty good. Wouldn't hurt it to paint it the body color either.

Clean the lip spoiler and put some 303 protectant on it, ditch the stock grill it would pretty good. Wouldn't hurt it to paint it the body color either.

yea i just threw it on, had to go to work so i had no time to clean it up! that's what tomorrow is for!!:laugh: i am hoping to get a SVT grill, but time will tell on that one:shrug:

i don't know if i want to paint it... i don't know if it would look good....

Last edited:
i got one sitting in my house now!
did you drill and screw yours on?
looks good.
i wanted to have my done by sz but now maybe not:cry:

i got one sitting in my house now!
did you drill and screw yours on?
looks good.
i wanted to have my done by sz but now maybe not:cry:
yea i had to drill the bumper 2 times and drill the splitter 2 time and used standard bolts.... i will take some photos of how i mounted it!

want to sell the other one, or are you going to be greedy and keep both?:laugh:

i am going to sell the other one, but it needs some work first.. after school is done i am going to get working on making the two splitters look brand new.... but i will let u know when i sell it!:laugh:

Pics don't do it justice. They look alot better in person. Zerohour was able to take some good looking pics tho. Search and you will find.

this is true, mine looks like ass in those pics, i need to take better ones because it already looks a lot better and i just washed it and hit it with some tire shine.....

Back