• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pinks

murda_cstv

CEG'er
I was wondering if anyone was going. It July 4th and 5th at woodburn dragstrip. Its going to be a all out episode with 10 grand up for grabs. Im just going to watch but it would be great if a csvt won. I would also like a chance to meet some fellow cegr's there. If you dont know what pinks is, its a show on speedvision where people race for pink slips or cash..

I go to Woodburn and PIR nite drags a couple times per year. But this July 4th I'll be hosting a BBQ for local friends and relatives across the river form Oaks Park, where the fireworks barge parks, because of my getting married in Chicago a few days before. ANY CEGers that want to show up are welcome, but give me a clue ahead of time for food purposes.

And thank God for cash purses: like heck I'd risk my ONLY car's title in a race to try to win someone's 350 ci 1970 Nova.

CSVTs have trouble at dragstrip elimination bracket racing. Why? Manual transmissions: making every shift and every launch the same, each and every run. Check out the lanes lined up to race at Woodburn and see how many really built up fast cars are running beefed automatics. One of the best racers I saw at Woodburn for reproduceable results was a guy with a crummy Civic non-VTEC with a slush box. He was always right on his (slow) dial in time.

Are you going to the Ford feature meet at Woodburn in August?

PS: Welcome to the site. Installing a Pole120 front mount is not very tough to do. Maybe getting another old mount to fill is an idea.

Last edited:
Yeah, 5 speeds do suck for bracket racing. I lost to a auto kia at woodburn a few years ago, it ran 20.0 every freaking time. Ive seen people win though with 5 speeds, made it close a couple times with my pgt.

Oaks park is always a great place for the fourth but I rather watch racing.

I didnt know there was a ford meet in august but Im down to go.

That is a good idea to buy another mount and fill that. That way I dont have to wait for it to dry.

Yeah, 5 speeds do suck for bracket racing. I lost to a auto kia at woodburn a few years ago, it ran 20.0 every freaking time.

:nonono: I don't know what is wrong with your SVT but losing to a 20 second car?! C'mon man. No offense, you don't know how to drive.

Back on subject...

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on the speed channel for the event. Maybe I'll spot a CSVT.

99Red, you don't know how dial-ins work? If I tell the track I'm gonna run 15.2 and then run 15.3, the beater that tells the track it will run 18.2 and gets a 3.0 second head start, will win if it does 18.2 with equal reaction times.

Yeah, 5 speeds do suck for bracket racing. I lost to a auto kia at woodburn a few years ago, it ran 20.0 every freaking time.

20 sec!... You can only run a 20 sec! .... Did you start out in second gear? even then you shouldnt have run such a sucky time... 15.1-15.3 is what i normally run with a completely stock svt... you have to run a 16 at least!

So yes, in bracket racing, a navy jet fighter shot off a carrier deck by a steam catapult system could lose to a fully loaded city bus, dump truck, or 36 HP old beetle.

And my CSVT could be a winner by turning a slow 30.0 second elapsed time EVERY RUN.

Back