• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

well I know what the stock can handle now

Dang it Joey, you need to change your pic hosting . . . I can't see them while I'm at work, lol.

:shocked: "at least my heads are still good" I love it.

I guess I learned a lesson from your experience, read the directions even if youve done this a million times...read the directions. Thanks for the great info and pics.

Any chance the piston failed first? and badly enough to break the rod?

Yeah the piston skirt was broken but the load was pushed down so I would have expected to see the top portion of the wrist pin hole damage but it wasn't and I was only at 3k rpms when it blew. The ring lands were not damaged or cracked so I am pretty sure the rod snapped and threw the piston up when it came aound I expect the rod bent when it was forced down then snapped when it hit the wall. Joey

Sorry, Joey! But the motor will be better than new when you're done here. BTW, were you able to dial in 8psi with the stock MAF on that car?

Oh, and I have some very good news. We need to talk about your forthcoming product lineup. :D

I thought the limit of the forged bottom end motors (2.5L & 3.0L) was 23psi... when the ARP bolts give out and the heads lift. I know TheFordGuy had his forged 2.5L to 23psi when that happened... I thought someone else with a forged 3.0L had it happen at the same psi.

FastCougar claims to have spiked to 23psi on his rebuilt 3L without damage.

Last edited:
Back