• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

H&R Spring Installation Q's

Trademark

CEG'er
Installing H&R springs on my contour. around here.. does anyone know a standard price from any shop around Wa? I'm in spokane but I think prices should be about the same, generally? can I do it myself? does anyone want to help me :)

I have had very broad quotes. There is a shop here in Bellingham that will do it for around 150-200. I know it would be a bit of a drive but if you wanted to come to Bellingham I would help. I have done a few of these in the past. I have the how to memorized.

Well, after what I just went through with my daughters Contour, I know that Mechanics Pride in Spokane definitely knows their way around a Contour suspension. Have you thought about shocks at the same time? Usually short springs without new shocks takes out the shocks pretty quickly.

ok, I'll keep that in mind Troy, thanks for the offer. I was getting 190 from the local dude over here in Cheney so I think if I venture into Spokane I am sure I could get lower prices..

I haven't thought about new struts only because of cost. I don't quite understand what you are saying though, I think you meant to say that short springs make old struts go out fast.. :p and I guess I want them to go out so I can buy some new ones.. that is why I wanted to put them on myself so I could do the struts if need be in the future. I'll give the Mechanics pride a call though and see what their prices are and maybe if they hook me up I'll do it there and get some struts at the same time..

Yep, that's what I was saying; your shocks will be toast very quickly. I've done the fronts and it is a PITA, but there is an excellent procedure written by Stazi that you can find in the suspension section. If you were going to pay someone else though, I'd think you'd want to do struts and springs together. the labor for spring replacement = the labor for strut replacement = the labor for strut and spring replacement.

If you are going to wait till around feb We may be passing throught there in march going to Idaho to visit some friends. As time gets closer I would have no trouble stopping to help do a suspension job. That is the same write up that I used when I did mine.

Back