• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Random trouble codes :help:

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
I have had my 3L in for a number of months now and have a tune from Joey. the car runs fantastic but i keep getting a few check engine codes that do not make any sense. it is a 99 SE sport with a hybrid 3L swap. build date 12/98. built in mexico.

The first code i am getting is P0430. i have thoroughly checked the exhaust system for leaks on bank 2 and cannot find anything. i also recently replaced that sensor and found the old one was loose so i tightened it up and i still have the code. like i said i have a tune and the lower sensors are shut off. i am at a total dead end.

The next one is a P0402. EGR flow excessive at idle. i was getting both EGR flow codes and so i replaced the sensor. i have had trouble with this system for a while and so i had it turned off. i am still getting this code with a new sensor and the EGR is turned off and blocked. it is not blocked on the exhaust side. it is blocked on the intake side with a piece of aluminum in between the intake and the EGR valve itself. there is no airflow to be excessive...

the last one which also does not make much sense is a P1519. Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open. this makes no sense as i have checked and re checked its function and it is definitely closing. i am also suffering from incurable IMRC failure.

could all these problems be linked? how would i test to see if these circuits are even working properly? are they connected in anyway? a ground maybe? this is really frustrating me to no end and all help is appreciated.

P0402 is for the dpfe sensor, time for a new one. also for good measure pull and clean the egr passages behind the tb

P0402 is for the dpfe sensor, time for a new one. also for good measure pull and clean the egr passages behind the tb

+1 to brapple on this one, I had 402, replaced DPFE and it went away, still have 401 though :mad: next on the list is the EGR.

unfortunately as i stated before i already changed the DPFE sensor because i was getting both 401 and 402. that is why i am at a dead end here.

i cant figure out why it would keep throwing the code if i have the EGR system turned off in the computer, have the passage blocked off at the intake and just replaced the sensor.

I will check the IMRC. i have changed out IMRCs many times and i have also put in many new transistors and it keeps blowing them. but it has never set a code till now.

thank you both for input. i posted because i have run out of ideas for testing. hope i have given enough information to help solve this.

Back