• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally Got all my Suspension Things in!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Still stumped on a couple things that I am asking about.... But Here is the Link for viewing pleasure! Cant wait Im so Hyped up right now!!!

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=28836

* Fixed
McMaster Bearings and Washers(part #'s supplied in Stickied: Suspension faq) Vs. Ground Controls supplied Bearings and Washers. Also Sitting on top of the hats of the Ground Controls!
4-9-08McMasterBearingvsGC004.jpg

4-9-08McMasterBearingvsGC003.jpg

Everything that comes with Ground Control Kit!(2x Green Boxes, 1 has McMaster Bearings and Washers, 1 has Ground Controls supplied Bearings and washers)
4-9-08GroundControls011.jpg

4-9-08GroundControls007.jpg

Stazi Endlinks(w/ supplied bushings) Vs Stock(w/ torn bushing)
4-5-08StaziEndlink002.jpg

4-5-08StaziEndlink006.jpg

Enjoy

- amyn

Last edited:
Freshly made Koni's Just arrived!
4-14-08Koni-GC-2gether020.jpg

Before and After Dremel work(Removing the Spring Perches for GC install)
4-14-08Koni-GC-2gether049.jpg

4-14-08Koni-GC-2gether060.jpg

Perches still on vs removed w/ GC's On.
4-14-08Koni-GC-2gether024.jpg

Koni's and Ground Controls mated almost ready for Install
4-14-08Koni-GC-2gether066.jpg

Bump Stops/Jounces(stop the strut rod from collapsing all the way down by seperating the top hat/mount when compressed) and Front/Rear Strut Mounts!
4-16-08Koni-GC-2gether001.jpg

4-16-08Koni-GC-2gether003.jpg

i'd repaint those koni's before you put them in...by next spring they'll be mostly rust color w/some yellow paint

i'd repaint those koni's before you put them in...by next spring they'll be mostly rust color w/some yellow paint

Ya I was thinking of it but decided not to cause I wanted to keep the original color. I didnt think all the Paint would just decide to fall off one day....

Not sure wut kinda paint I may have to use or color to choose... I will keep it in mind thanks

I am gonna get some spray paint and apply it over the Koni color.... then im gonna spray a clear on. Probably 2 coats color and 1 clear

Just for protection...

- amyn

Last edited:
Some pics of one strut Painted T-Red.... Im also going to get some Vinyls to put over the paint to inform people what kind of struts they are :rolleyes::crazy::eek::laugh:....

4-16-08Koni-GC-2gether019.jpg

4-16-08Koni-GC-2gether022.jpg

- amyn

Koni and Ground Control have changed there designs a little bit over the years. Those look wonderful.

Nice work. :drool: :drool:

Definitely glad that you painted those. Koni's rust like crazy and you don't want that to happen with no warranty.

Mine are sitting in the garage looking like a pile of scrap metal right now.

I'm jealous! I'm still ordering/waiting on alot of my suspensions parts. Your rear subframe removal guide is going to be very helpful!

how are those stazi rear links? does it eliminate the klunking? or just stiffen up the rear sway bar?

I ask because mine are bad, and I was going to replace them sometime next week.

how are those stazi rear links? does it eliminate the klunking? or just stiffen up the rear sway bar?

I ask because mine are bad, and I was going to replace them sometime next week.

I didnt have ant rear clunking so Im not sure... My other links were shot and they did feel really bad! In comparison to when I put the Stazi endlinks on. I did have some grinding and that is gone!

- amyn

I'm jealous! I'm still ordering/waiting on alot of my suspensions parts. Your rear subframe removal guide is going to be very helpful!
Hope it helps I never found one! So I took some pics for the future! The only thing you have to watch out for which I havent had a chance to fix yet is the rear control arm(the one that bends/breaks a lot) has a adjustable screw when connecting it to the rear subframe. The nuts should be all the way on the bottom and tightened like crazy!:blackeye:

Hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions.

- amyn

Back