• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ 08

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
So who all is going from Chicagoland and when do you plan on leaving? We are planning on leaving our place about 8am on the 15th. I'm thinking it would be nice to caravan out with some other local members.

I am heading up on Wednesday the 14th, so I can attend the on-track event at Waterford Hills on the 15th. A normal route would take me close to Chicagoland, but I have a strong suspicion I'll be avoiding it and taking an alternate route like I did last year.

I am heading up on Wednesday the 14th, so I can attend the on-track event at Waterford Hills on the 15th. A normal route would take me close to Chicagoland, but I have a strong suspicion I'll be avoiding it and taking an alternate route like I did last year.
you could take 74 across to Indy then 70 over to Dayton and meet up with Ryan, Trey, and I who will also be heading up on the 14th for the track day. just a thought.

you could take 74 across to Indy then 70 over to Dayton and meet up with Ryan, Trey, and I who will also be heading up on the 14th for the track day. just a thought.

That is just a little bit out of the way, don't you think? that would add 140 miles and about 1 hr 40 minutes.

No, the alternate route is to go up I-55 to a point where I can cut across on state highways through Kankakee and over to I-65, and take that up to I-94. It is how we went up last year and is a popular by-pass used by trucks trying to avoid the pain of 80/94 along the south side of the lake.

That is just a little bit out of the way, don't you think? that would add 140 miles and about 1 hr 40 minutes.

No, the alternate route is to go up I-55 to a point where I can cut across on state highways through Kankakee and over to I-65, and take that up to I-94. It is how we went up last year and is a popular by-pass used by trucks trying to avoid the pain of 80/94 along the south side of the lake.
it is the long way but you would get to cruise with 2 turbo contours (possibly 2 of the most well known ones on CEG at that). :shrug:

i would probably take the shorter way myself

Last edited:
Slight change in our plans, we will be leaving our place sometime between 6-6:30 a.m. on the 15th.

Back