• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front Lip

Well I just went up to Home Depot and bought some of the hard rubber stuff... $8.86.

I'll be putting it on today and then I'll post a how to when I'm finished. Honestly this stuff is going to really work out well I think. It WILL not flop in the wind as I am using the other end of it. I just need to figure out how I'm going to fasten it to the splitter.

don't think it'll work out,i put a lip from another car,similar to shape as the mach1 the other day...it looked so bad that i didnt even take pics. it fit perfectly to the shape of the bumper,but the way the sides of the bumper slopes,its looked silly.:shrug:

oh :censored::censored::censored::censored: hahaha i'm sorry guys i forgot about this thread. i've taken pics of my car from every angle except the front =P i'm too lazy to go take pics now but I will soon. kscontourkid saw it today and i think he approved.

Here's the pics!

frontlip1vn6.jpg

frontlip3wv0.jpg

frontlip4ka3.jpg

frontlip2oq0.jpg

NICE! My friend did his WRX. It looks good. Did you bolt it or double tape it? How sturdy is it near the center?

Last edited:
Is that garage doors weather stripping or mach 1? Its pretty hard to tell

LOL. seroiusly? yeah its the garage door :censored::censored::censored::censored:, and its sturdy everywhere because its bolted about every 4 inches, not taped.
I hope that mach 1 lip doesn't cost more than $20 because that would be a major ripoff considering i paid $10 for that.

interesting concept, might work well with a splitter to keep it from getting all scuffed up from driveways, need to see more pic's before trying

Yeah my friend who has a WRX just put on some White Line coilovers so he's tucking, needless to say that thing is slammed. and his is a little scuffed after a month's use, still looks good though. You just gotta be smart about how you approach bumps. But honestly, for $10, does it really matter?:shrug:

Yeah my friend who has a WRX just put on some White Line coilovers so he's tucking, needless to say that thing is slammed. and his is a little scuffed after a month's use, still looks good though. You just gotta be smart about how you approach bumps. But honestly, for $10, does it really matter?:shrug:

Not worry about the rubber, but use it to protect my splitter

LOL. seroiusly? yeah its the garage door :censored::censored::censored::censored:, and its sturdy everywhere because its bolted about every 4 inches, not taped.
I hope that mach 1 lip doesn't cost more than $20 because that would be a major ripoff considering i paid $10 for that.
Mach1 lips are much more rigid... and they are also taller (more effective). That actually doesn't look too bad, I'm not sure why everyone has always said not to do this because it'll look like crap :shrug:

Could you take some more pics? I'm interested in the side profile. Also, maybe more of the same/similar pics, but with better lighting?

Could you take some more pics? I'm interested in the side profile. Also, maybe more of the same/similar pics, but with better lighting?

Sorry about that =\ Cloudy day, and I didn't really adjust the camera properly. and i've been tryin to get better with the manual focus :eek:
Thinkin I should prolly stick to the auto focus..

hmmm i dont know man, cant say i like it.

I don't blame ya too much... the 'tour isn't really the best car for the mod. I'll take some more pics in the sun and put some armor all it, maybe it will change your mind:shrug:

Back