• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Code P0122

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
I know it the TPS but lemme run through what is going on. So I got my car back together today after taking the UIM/LIM off and cleaning them, along with putting a OPTed mustang gt tb on, and the trans back in the car. Start it today, and it idles at 2000 RPMS. So Im in the engine bay messing with some stuff and I take the tube from the IAC to the intake off and put my thumb over it, the idle goes back down to normal then. 750 all over the boards. Take my finger off the rubber hose, idle goes back up to 750. What could be the problem? Could the TPS sensor do this? The only code I got was P0122. The car is not running rough when I give it some gas though. It runs smooth, just idles really high.
Thanks,
Bill

do you have a gasket for that IAC? If you can plug the hose and the idle drops, you've got a leak in that area somewhere.

Yep the IAC has a gasket. One thing though, I put a newer DPFE on too and I didnt remember which hose when where...think this could be it? The numbers were not the exact same on the DPFE as the one I took off. One was an AA the other a BB. Also, since I have a mustang TB on the car, I dont remember if I put the mustang gasket on because of the mustang IAC location on the TB. Think that would matter too?

Last edited:
So long as you don't try to use a DPFE from a 95 (OBD1), which you couldn't without changing your harness, any of the different year DPFE's should work just fine. And I'm not so sure that the hose location matters either. As long as the it can sample the gases, I'd think it would work just fine. It's not like there is a one way checkvalve in those egr tubes.

Are you not using the IAC location on the side of the UIM?

Some reasons for a P0122 code are:
1) Wiring (shorted or open) or connector for TPS.
2) Failed (damaged) TPS
3) Failed (damaged) PCM

i am getting this same code. might be stupid question but the throttle body rod that goes through...its goes through the TPS sensor as well, now i know the tps is spring loaded. i just put my svt throttle body back on after using the 65mm one, and after i put the stock TB back on i got the code. is there any way to screw up how it is installed? i believe it is fine but its throwing me a code, the wires seem fine on it as well. its driving me crazy because my car idles fine, but after i start going then come to a stop, the rpms will stay at 2,000.

Back