• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Paint idea for the car...

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
So i was thinking, i'm sick of the trunk leaking through the reflector, and i dont really wanna have to drill through the trunk to mount a spoiler, so what if i get a trunk from a contour w/ a spoiler, and get a different reflector from a Mystique and put them together. Then instead of getting the trunk lid painted and risking not having the color match, do this....

2326579965_fca8fecf60_o.jpg

2326579849_55b6ce5377_o.jpg

2326579917_838fe6db10_o.jpg

what do you think? how much do u think it would cost to have just the black painted on? any ideas? Do u like the idea?

I AM getting the rims, i'm just waiting for 95pgt-t to make arrangements about comming down. I have the money in my hand right now for him.

also, u guys do like it and think i should just paint it myself with duplicolor flat black?

also, i know someone selling an SVT exhaust for 100 bucks, is that a good deal???

Last edited:
If you like it, go for it. I have been trying to come up with a color to 2-tone my car with for awhile now. Nothing but black really goes with tan though.

why??? why not do it? i dont have money for a CSVT, and if i did, i wouldnt get one. i'd rather get a Fox Body stang, but i'm thinking of cheap things to do to the car for now, cuz im sick of driving a stock looking car around.

Back