• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Dash Clock

Indianguy

New CEG'er
On My 98 Contour 2.5 V6 SE, all of sudden dash clock display faded out. Dealer do not sell the part as it is discontinued. Any help in fixing the clock or place where to buy the part.

first check to see if the back light has burned out. if its the clock itself you can find people selling them in the classifieds (I have some fr sale also ;) but they need new back lights)

I believe the bulbs can still be found through Ford with the little green condom attached. And at one point, they even had the little green things available by itself.

Contour Dash Clock

Clock does work fine, It is the backlight (green display) which does not work any more. I can see the time in day, but at night there is nothing as it use to display time in green color

I believe the bulbs can still be found through Ford with the little green condom attached. And at one point, they even had the little green things available by itself.

Do you what is the part number since the whole clock module is discontinued by the Ford.

changed my bulb in January. Part # on the bill is E5RY*13466*BA (could only find it at a Ford Dealer), it dit not come with the green little condom and the one that was on the original bulb was desintegrated so I colored the new bulb with a green Sharpie marker :crazy: Works like a charm

Bulb is all you need, just go to the Ford dealer and give them your old bulb and say "I need one of these."

Bulb is all you need, just go to the Ford dealer and give them your old bulb and say "I need one of these."
Works everytime! :)

If you don't want to do that, then get a bulb which is the same size from Autozone or Advance. Bear in mind that you need to reuse the plastic holder and metal "ears" if you are just getting the bulb from Autozone or Advance.

When I bought mine they came in a package of 5 - no buying just one. The part number on the package is "E5RY-13466-BA". It was ~$20 for the 5 bulbs, and they did not come with green covers, I had to reuse mine.

I have a question:
I bought a few of those dashclocks the last time I was at the junkyard. My car did not come with one originally. Would this be hard to wire up? Would the wiring for it already be there, or do I have to figure out a way to wire it up?

It worked

It worked

You were correct, bulb was out, I was able to get the bulb from ford. It was clear bulb then green but it works great. Thanks alot.

Thanks for the part number. Ford dealer did have the part and I was able to replace the bulb. They had the clear blub then green bulb, but it works great. Thanks

Thanks for all your help. It was the bulb and I did replaced it and clocks just works fine. Thanks again for the advice

Back