• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

well good I suppose ... you where the first 3L in CT so now I can be the first turbo'd contour in CT :laugh:

Well... first 3L SVt maybe...

There was a guy with a 3L Cougar for a while... same family... :)

Snipey is coming over Saturday morning for a little while, as we need to swap out an axle, and some sway bar bushings...

Sunday is gonna be very busy, if we need to try and replace all of those parts in 1 day!!! make sure if you come over on Sunday, tony, you come over early! like 9:30am !!!

Tony haven't you had yours for 3 years now, if not 4?

Yeah, 3 years (May 2005). I remember meeting up with someone from NECO a few years back. Yellow ATX Cougar with a 3L and all SVT engine bolt-ons from Wethersfield. I'm not sure how long he was running that for.

Yeah, 3 years (May 2005). I remember meeting up with someone from NECO a few years back. Yellow ATX Cougar with a 3L and all SVT engine bolt-ons from Wethersfield. I'm not sure how long he was running that for.

yeah that is the car Greg is talking about ... its a parts car now and s2knott has that engine ... I didn't realize it was built so long ago ...

Did that yellow cougar go to uconn? I remember seeing a kitted yellow cougar around storrs a couple of times. I think he had blingin rims...

yeah that is the car Greg is talking about ... its a parts car now and s2knott has that engine ... I didn't realize it was built so long ago ...

Actually, no that isn't the Cougar I was referring to...

kid's user name was CougarBoi on NECO, and he had an Orange cougar with 3L block and 2.5L Svt heads, etc, etc... Basically had his done about the same time DemonSvt had his completed, a long time ago... maybe 5 years ago?

When I first bought my Cougar, Cougarboi already had a 3L... that was in 02-03....

The Yellow Cougar was BobKabob's car on NECO, (Phil is the kid's name) and he had an ATX in that with the Hybrid 2.5L svt heads on the 3L block...

there was progress today. After getting some issues with the tune worked out everything is good to go. In between all of that I started to makes the cus in the body so that all of the piping will fit. I also assembled the waste gate onto the up and down pipe so that they are ready to be installed. So after getting a whole saw I will be able to install the turbo.

I feel like I got my ass kicked today ...

I started off with a new tune from Joey. Everything was running right so on to the turbo install.

I was loaned a hole saw from some other guy at my storage unit, he was working on his car and snapped the allen wrench off in his coil over adjustment. Luckly the magnet I had was small enough to get the peice out.

So I started in on cutting the whole for the intake pipe. It was pretty slow going and the batteries died for my drill pretty fast. So I run over to Home Depot and pick up a corded drill. I get back to it and the hole saw isn't working to well ... go figure it wasn't for metal. So I run over to Sears and got the one I needed for metal and was done within a few minutes. After all of that I got all of the hot side piping installed and was playing around with installing the turbo. Well it was when I tried installing that intake pipe I drilled the hole for that I realized that it had to go in fist before the down pipe. So back out everything came. I then went about cutting the slits and bending the metal back to get the pipe to sit furthur into the frame. I also got the whole slightly off center so I am working on straightening that out also. I then went to install the oil line and hit two snags there. First I cant easily get the plug out of the head and I didn't have a stubby wrench to get the cap off the oil drain. So off to sears again to get what I needed and here I am now, taking a break.

I might go back and do more tonight but I have to see. Thinking about taking it easy as I have been working at this since 9 am this morning.

more later

the correct tools ftw

I picked up a allen wrench socket set and some stubby wrenches and the plugs for the oil feed and drain came right off. I was able to reinstall just about all of the hot piping and the turbo. The turbo will need to come back out so once it is clocked correctly the flanges are tightened down. Once that is completed the oil drain will be put together and installed to the turbo so that can go back in and I can start tightening all of the hot pipes. After that are the intake pipes and vacuum lines. Should be able to get it done tomorrow.

pics in a bit ....

here we are ....

out with the old/original and semi old
DSC04722.JPG

Up-pipe and exhaust piping

DSC04723.JPG

Turbo in the up-pipe with the oil feed

DSC04724.JPG

DSC04725.JPG

DSC04726.JPG

DSC04727.JPG

DSC04728.JPG

The waste gate is a pita to install

DSC04729.JPG

DSC04730.JPG

WPI ...

DSC04731.JPG

i sent you a pm brian, but for the oil feed i was told to run a loop so oil is always in the loop part of the line ready to feed the turbo
DSC00402.jpg

Back