• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Picked up this goody today

black98svt

CEG'er
I got a set of MSDS headers for the Contour. They have the optional ceramic coating too! I can't wait to install them, actually it's gonna suck really bad, but it's gonna sound sick. Well, here's the pics:
parts003.jpg

This one is great! (new avatar material)
parts005.jpg

I'm running those with a weapon-r y pipe with a stock SVT exhaust and my car is loud as hell...

Exhaust leak buddy. :laugh:

Seriously though, it shouldn't be loud at all. The weapon r y pipe won't make it any noticeably louder than the stock y pipe and the headers just add a little engine bay noise and a little more grunt sound to the exhaust. There shouldn't be much of a decible raise. :shrug:

Exhaust leak buddy. :laugh:

Seriously though, it shouldn't be loud at all. The weapon r y pipe won't make it any noticeably louder than the stock y pipe and the headers just add a little engine bay noise and a little more grunt sound to the exhaust. There shouldn't be much of a decible raise. :shrug:

Probably.. I'm going to swing by an exhaust shop to have them take a look.

I had a similar set-up on my old SE, and it was pretty loud with the K&N cone filter on. Great sound though, enjoy the install! :crazy:

kyle's car isnt that loud. a little more engine bay noise. you can still stand behind it with your head up to the exhaust and not go deaf. try doing that with mine, lol.

kyle's car isnt that loud. a little more engine bay noise. you can still stand behind it with your head up to the exhaust and not go deaf. try doing that with mine, lol.

It was a giant exhaust leak - I bottomed out the nut on the shank of the bolt. Got it fixed and it is whisper quiet now.

Seriously pull the rad. The front will be so much easier and save time. Also you'll need a 13mm swivel head gear wrench. $70 for the metric set at Sears.

Back