• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power source while cranking?

morbid

Hard-core CEG'er
I was reading up on the electronic Autometer gauges. In their manuals, it says that for their self calibration to be successful, the gauge needs to be connected to a power source that turns on when the key is in accessory mode... and the power stays on while you crank the starter.

Does anyone have a good location for that kind of power source?

Accessory mode? Are you certain? Can't do that directly, you'd have to bridge two circuits with diodes to achieve that.

Fuse F30 in the under dash fuse box is hot in both RUN and START.

Looks like an easy access to that circuit (Green wire off the ignition switch).

The schematic does not make clear whether it is a break-before-make or a make-before-break configuration. In your application, the make-before-break is desirable to provide continuous power during starter engagement.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks... I'll check that out! I currently have the lighting for my gauges run off my radio power. But those.. along with most of the stuff I've seen, loose power while the starter is engaged. According to Autometer, the electronic ones won't work.. or won't work accurately if its power source is cut while starting.

Back