• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass repair! AKA fixing my Mirko...

rollinstylee

Hard-core CEG'er
I just sent payment for the GB Mirko skidplate, so I now have incentive to get mine back in shape. I've never done any bodywork and pretty much don't know the first thing about it, but I'd like to try fixing this myself since I know it's going to be hundreds of dollars at a shop.

Experienced people--how would you fix this? The more details the better. By the way, "give it to me" doesn't count as advice. ;)

HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0342.jpg

*EDIT* unless you say "give it to me, I'll fix it for $20 and give it back to you" :cool:

Last edited:
how about you give it to me :laugh:

I had a buddy do mine. He used BondoGlass which is a short strand fiberglass/ resin mix. Mix with hardener, sand surface, apply, sand, putty, sand, prime, sand, paint.

What about the underside, where it's totally torn through the glass to the back edge? Wouldn't I need to reinforce the inside of that somehow?

I feel like that would be expensive...especially since I'd have to ship it to South Dakota. Post or PM me a price with return shipping though...

Back