• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

keyfob programming

awesome i didnt know if that would work since the keyfob had been used before but i guess now i do thanks a lot i really appreciate the help

well the keyfob and keys are passive devices, you program the car to recognize the item, not the other way around ...

I have used keys and keyfobs from other cars on mine before.

you could even program one keyless entry remote for two cars if you really wanted.

keys

keys

anybody have any extra keys they would be willing 2 part with i only got 1 with my 99 svt and im told they arent cheap so if someone would have a extra they would part with id just reprogram it 2 mine thanks chad

well the keyfob and keys are passive devices, you program the car to recognize the item, not the other way around ...

I have used keys and keyfobs from other cars on mine before.

you could even program one keyless entry remote for two cars if you really wanted.
how can u program 1 keyless entry remote for 2 cars? the same way? and for using a key for a diff car on your car wouldnt they have to be cut the same?

how can u program 1 keyless entry remote for 2 cars? the same way? and for using a key for a diff car on your car wouldnt they have to be cut the same?

you run the remote programming proceedture on two different cars with the same remote :shrug:

yes the key isn't going to start the car but with it programmed it will let you use a non pats key to start the car ...

i was thinking the remote remote would forget the previous vehicle and remember the new. but its good to know cuz i only have 2 remotes one for each contour and it cost $50 for someone to come out to unlock your doors when u lock your keys in the car. thanks

i was thinking the remote remote would forget the previous vehicle and remember the new. but its good to know cuz i only have 2 remotes one for each contour and it cost $50 for someone to come out to unlock your doors when u lock your keys in the car. thanks

well the remotes as the keys are passive, they are just a transmitter, so they don't learn anything, I mean you don't have to reprogram the remote when you change the batteries do you

and as for locking keys in your car, have a spare key cut and hide it under the car somewhere, or get AAA ...

Back