• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3L questions: Gas mileage, SVT TB

Blackcoug caught the problem you need to cover the hole above the throttle body up you are drawing in unmeasured air which will clip the fuel maps making the car go into open loop which is really rich to save the motor. The fuel block does not have anything to do with the MPG it does exactly what it should do maintain 40 psi but once you fix your TB by putting back on the taurus TB you will be back up and running smoothly. Joey

Sorry for not making it clear, but the SVT TB was on for about a minute to test fit it. The 3.0 TB has been and will always be on there when I'm driving the car.

I need to know now why I'm getting fuel in my UIM.

Still running rich...

Still running rich...

Are you throwing any cel lights? flashing ones etc?

I was running super rich and only getting 200 to a full tank in my csvt. I found i had an intake manifold leak. Fuel pressure checked out fine, o2 sensors were reading perfect. So i ordered all new intake manifold gaskets and replaced them all. Obviously you had the intake manifold off, did you replace the gasket or did you reuse it?

The only CEL I have is for the IAC.

The best I've ever done with the 3.0 is 28mpg, and that was all highway driving at about 75mph. The best I've ever done with my new (heavier) rims is 26 mpg, and that was torture - I never let it get over 2000rpms in town, and never over 3000 on the highway. It's the most fuel-efficient I've ever driven. I'm typically getting 15-20mpg with mixed driving.

Why do you have a CEL for the IAC? If the IAC is bad replace it and see if that helps.

Your mpg estimates above don't seem that abnormal. Driving over 60 is going to drop your mpg in just about any vehicle. I get about 22mpg with mostly highway driving but I drive like crap (I shift too high (4K) and keeping with the flow of traffic to and from work is 70-80mph)

Why do you have a CEL for the IAC? If the IAC is bad replace it and see if that helps.

Your mpg estimates above don't seem that abnormal. Driving over 60 is going to drop your mpg in just about any vehicle. I get about 22mpg with mostly highway driving but I drive like crap (I shift too high (4K) and keeping with the flow of traffic to and from work is 70-80mph)

I've replaced the IAC and TPS but I still get the same CEL. I know there are people with 3.0s getting better than 28mpg. I typically drive like crap and get 15-20, but I tried my hardest and still couldn't get better than 26.

Back