• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford chrome strip

elraido

I kant speel
The chrom strip with the ford logo on the back of my car is coming off :confused: With it being -20F right now I havne't looked that much into it, I just caught it yesterday. I was thinking about repaining my rear reflector anyways.....so do I need that strip on the back? how gehetto does it look with out it?

Remove it, repaint, then reinstall. You'll need some double sided mounting tape/foam pad to attach it again once the plastic welds are broken.

whoa whats this sig photo you've got there brian??

I popped my strip off for painting. It does indeed look bad, I just reattached it with some gorilla glue and some clamps.

Mystique rear relector with SVT badge over the Mystique part? Wonder how good that would look

Might actually be kind of neat, but the insignia would have to be round, not oval.

You could probably reattach that chrome strip by laying a nice bead of silicone and then letting it cure overnight near the stove. Nice waterproof seal.

the mystique rear looks a little better in my opinion because there is not as much chrome and the license plate surround is smooth plastic instead of clad plastic

Back