• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 svt Wont start

waves360

CEG'er
Hello, I Have a 1999 svt The problem im haveing is i broke my key in my ignition but the other half of my key would still start the car. The new problem is my tail lamp got gorunded some how and blew some fuses i changed them fixed the tail lamp everything works now my car wont start. The key is chipped, and i checked all the wires leading to the ignition and for that matter the entire car none are fried or broken. i think my drain of power reset my ignition for the chipped key. the car in the on positon all lights and everything works when you try to turn it over it will turn every light off even my head lights as if my car is completely shut down but the head lights dash lights turn off also i can push start it but thats alot of work. thank you

the car in the on positon all lights and everything works when you try to turn it over it will turn every light off even my head lights as if my car is completely shut down but the head lights dash lights turn off also i can push start it but thats alot of work.

Sounds like your battery is dead. That is if it still starts when pushing it. Do you get any clicking when trying to start the car with the key? I'd start with having the battery tested.

Well, I have no idea how PATS works, LOL...

But I can state this... Did you disconnect your battery when you were fixing the fuses/wires? If you did, then you reset your PCM...

I do not see how this would effects PATS since it is still the right key, so someone else will have to chime in on this...

Back