• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Old Skoolers

So what exactly qualifies a person as an ole timer? I have to say i'm feeling a little left out and unloved here:cry::laugh:

Hey Robert don't forget about me headers:eek:

So what exactly qualifies a person as an ole timer?

Join date?
Knowing the location where Friday night GTGs used to be?
Not owning a contour anymore?
Remembering the mailing list days?
Knowing all the names on that list?
Saying "I Remember when..."?
Hell if I know those are just the names he came up with off the top of his head when thinking of people that used to meet up?

Join date?
Ummmm

SGPT

Doah, still do, have had a lot of other cars as well though. Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is the current "other" car. Gotta have a V8 around.

Yes

I can't remember my own name

yep

Hell if I know those are just the names he came up with off the top of his head when thinking of people that used to meet up?
That's what I was thinking.

Of course the best way to tell that you are not Old Skool enough for this is that you actually care about something that Ryan writes. :D

Antonio? Pimping the veedub. Still haven't gone by his place but need to.
Jess? He never came out anyway.
Pete? loving his new gf, job and that damn barnyard animal
Scott? Got a mass e-mail from him about 3 months ago. He was still alive then.
Bueller? Perpetually running through a backyard meeting hot chicks.

Join date?
Many moons ago

Some damn hole in the wall where I always got lost trying to get to and was always late.

Still have two but neither have moved in a year.

Knew about them but never got on it.

That's just getting old

Join date?

Ok then, I guess I'm one of the noobs then considering I don't even know what GTG is :shrug::laugh:

yes, you are a noob. sorta. you're more like a toddler. In the category of the ones that still ask if Mondeo headlights will fit or if the Jag AWD is a bolt on. But don't worry too much, it's a matter of exposure and not smarts.

g2g or gtg = get together.

How did I get labeled as never coming to a meet? :confused:

I made almost every pub night and most local gatherings (and a number of PA GTG's) up until about 2003, which is when the meets became less and less frequent (and I was spending more and more time at work and school).

Hey, you missed me from that list...
Sorry, it was late, drinking the booze...

So what exactly qualifies a person as an ole timer? I have to say i'm feeling a little left out and unloved here:cry::laugh:

Hey Robert don't forget about me headers:eek:
Not having an '06 join date. Remembering that on the way home from my first CAPCEG meet my motor went bye bye. Or you know who the nickname 'Crackhead' is assigned to. Whatever happened to him?

Antonio? Pimping the veedub. Still haven't gone by his place but need to.
Pete? loving his new gf, job and that damn barnyard animal
Scott? Got a mass e-mail from him about 3 months ago. He was still alive then.
Bueller? Perpetually running through a backyard meeting hot chicks.
I see Ant on XBox about once every few months.
Pete is hopefully GETTING some lovin'.
Haven't seen Scott in forever.

Of course the best way to tell that you are not Old Skool enough for this is that you actually care about something that Ryan writes. :D
Thanks :censored::censored::censored::censored:er...although that did make me laugh!

I made almost every pub night and most local gatherings (and a number of PA GTG's) up until about 2003, which is when the meets became less and less frequent (and I was spending more and more time at work and school).

He was getting edumacated so he didn't have to drive a Contour anymore. :)

Petey Paco would :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: that he'd invite you but you'd never come out. Though I do recall you made it once when I was able to make it. I've only been out here since winter 04 so I don't know anything. I only repeat what I hear and have no original thoughts. :blackeye:

I'm still around!!! Just had a child and things are good. I'm way out in the sticks now and could probably host a meet when things get warmer.

I currently own 4 Fords, :nonono:. The SVT, 01 ZX3, 99 Ranger, and 06 Pedi Limited.

If you guys want to do a pub night, let me know. A Friday would be best. There is a Green Turtle hear in Columbia!

-Andy

Back