• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mifire when cold

97vulcan

CEG'er
I haven't had a chance to see which cylinder is misfiring, but it happened today when it was about -3 out and the car was sitting for about 6 hours. I let it warm for about 2 minutes, then drove it for a bit before getting on the freeway. I accelerated on the on ramp, and brought the car through all the gears to no higher than 3200rpm, and the car was misfiring through some of the gears. It only did this when it was really cold. I didn't have a problem earlier with the car. Does anyone have any odeas of what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Adam

Post the exact code(s) and we will know better. In cold weather, it could be anything from SP wires, ignition coil to vacuum leaks.

Tony2005, I am guessing its a vacuum leak, because I replaced the coil and the SP's about a month ago. With a duralast coil and bosch plug wires.

-Adam

check to see if you are arcing anywhere. wires under the cover where its says duratec! the boot around each spark plug.

Back