• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

It doesn't matter how bulletproof it is, 151k miles is getting to be a lot of miles. The car is bound to be getting worn out by now. Suspension, steering, transmission, all sensors, even things like the seats, steering wheel, and carpet they all have a lot of use.

True. Our car does need new struts (we knew that when we bought it and he said we could either have him do it and sell us the car that he listed it at or take it off the price. I told him to take it off since her dad should be able to do it and the struts only cost around $60-70 each). Also it needs a new knock sensor ($80)(a zip tie from the factory was used to hold the wire in place but it rubbed it and "cut" the insulation away) but everything else was in fairly good condition. Interior is in very good condition. Carpets are clean, seats have no marks on them, wheel is in perfect shape, all accesories workd perfect. And by looking at the photos of that other car, the condition of the leather looks to be good and to be in the same condition as ours....but with a dirty engine bay. I don't mind buying higher milage cars as long as I know they are good running cars with no major defects.....but I expect that I will need to replace certain things down the line anyways so all that other stuff doesn't bother me. And aren't you the one who bought a Cougar with a shot motor and drove it back from Chicago? :laugh: :crazy:

Don't remind me :blackeye: at least I am making pretty decent money now.

Still waiting for the dean to have the two classes I need to graudate online like he said they would. :help: Really don't want to leave my job I have now for one semester of school only to get a job later on making slightly more than I am now. Freakin' sucks. Maybe night classes at UMD and transfer them........

Are you sure you only like terminators from this body style?

5.jpg

:drool: :drool:

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

nicer weather is around the corner. (oh, and i think i may have sold the honda today. a girl came and looked at it, and really likes it. she's going to talk to her folks about it (youngins))

One time driving between mankato and fairbault I saw some animals on the side of the road...from a distance I thought they were small deer. When I got closer I was "HOLY @#! Those are some HUGE turkeys". They used to sometimes come up on campus and loiter around behond my dorm. :laugh:

There is a lake in your pictures, I can just feel it! If it wasn't for cheeseland back there it would blend in perfectly with the sky.

Back