• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power Antenna...

Bourne

CEG'er
Sorry if it's not in the correct spot!

I was wondering what years and trim model contours have the same antenna as the 98' CSVT ?

Or even other ford models. I need a new antenna, it bent in the car was and then my friend pulled it out the rod!

I wasn't to impressed....but I guess it's better than it just hangin?

I bought a universal for $50, but it's not. It'll take me about 3 hours to get installed and it's supposed to be easy. It's shorter and I have to splice all the wires incl/ the coaxial ant able

F that

Sorry if it's not in the correct spot!

I was wondering what years and trim model contours have the same antenna as the 98' CSVT ?

Or even other ford models. I need a new antenna, it bent in the car was and then my friend pulled it out the rod!

I wasn't to impressed....but I guess it's better than it just hangin?

I bought a universal for $50, but it's not. It'll take me about 3 hours to get installed and it's supposed to be easy. It's shorter and I have to splice all the wires incl/ the coaxial ant able

F that

1. Why not go to a junk yard and get a matching one from a non svt....

2. IMO splicing isn't that hard if you go with an after market antenna..... I'd recommend a stock replacement though, be a lot easier....

I appreciate your response, but that's exactly why I wanted to know what antenna would fit my car.

I went to the a junk yard today and they only had 1 contour and it had an after market antenna on it. I'm going to look around some more but if anybody has anymore information for me, that would be great.

Thanks

Well, I emailed Bill J. at Team ford and went down to pick up the mast....

Took 15 mintues to install on this cold night. And I think he gave me a $20 discount because I'm a CEG'r :)

Thank's Bill, I'm sure you'll hear from me again

95-00 Mystiques all have power antennas. Possibly decontented on later model Mystiques with GS trim levels.

97-00 Contours have a mix of power and non-power. 95-96 did not have it even on loaded SE models. It did not appear until 1997.

95-00 Mystiques all have power antennas. Possibly decontented on later model Mystiques with GS trim levels.

Decontented somewhere earlier than that, my loaded 99 Mystique LS didn't have a power antenna.

I've got one that works, but the mast doesn't go up all the way... PM me if you're interested.

But, with that said, any power antenna out of any contour/mystique will work.

Back