• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Welcome JnCsvt

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
Jonah, will you be joining us at the Big Boulder meet?

Have you see Doug rolling in his T-red SVT? He's from the Lancaster area.

Cars look good! It's a shame that both engines are toast. :( Hope you get them up and running soon.

unless one is silverfrost...at which point you NEED to promptly part it out and sell parts to me...have to,no choice:laugh:
btw,welcome:cool:

ill try to be at the meet :laugh: but i have seen a few csvt's, one green around the Lampeter area, one dark blue with a silver stripe over the whole top in Lancaster city and a T-Red out near Lititz im not sure where any of the other Ceg'ers are around my area but ive seen a few cars.
and i deffinatly want to get either one back on the road =( i start up in college again monday and dont have a car.. but i will atleast be driving my brothers SVT Focus.. fun car to drive too:cool:
Ill be up and running once i find an engine.. but id rather find one that someone has prepped for the svt.. just wanna swap my 2.5 parts over

The T-red near Lititz is most likely Doug. The Tropic Green may be Jim, be I'm not sure of that one.

There is a 3L for sale in the main classified section. You can't post there yet but you can PM the seller, Rara. Guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to cars, engines, and Ford in general. IIRC, he's asking $450. He's in Michigan.

Where do you go to college? At least you're still rolling in an SVT while yours are down.

No Chris, neither of his are silver frost. One T-red and the other black.

I go to college at Stevens Tech.

Im not sure who Jim is but the guy driving the Tropic green seemd late 20's to early 30's kinda tall lol but to me everyone is kinda tall.. since im 5'4 and look half my age :crazy:

yeah i did PM rara i was trying to find out how much it would cost to ship vs. pick it up, i know his area.. me and my brothers graduated from a school near him. I do have questions on the 3l swap that i have read but dont totally understand, im a construction guy and dont know TOO much on things like the swap.. just more basic car things.

:shrug: Just wanna get my car back on the road with as little issues as possible.. but from what ive been reading the swap doesnt seem TOO complicated, id have to do everything except pull the old and drop the new engine in because my mechanic doesnt want the hassle.

ahh.. as much as i love my car..sometimes i hate it :crazy:

hmm.. i wonder if someone would trade a 3l ready to swap 2.5 parts for my black svt. sounds dumb since that one needs an engine anyway... but due to lack of cash...:confused:

you could always try selling the black one as is. or just part it out:shrug: to create funds.

Is Rara willing to ship?
There is a how-to, I believe, on the swap. Are you planning on the full swap or do you plan on using the 2.5 UIM, etc. ?

Bummer that you are considering selling the black one. :(

The guy driving the Tropic Green doesn't sound like Jim. He's not a real tall guy. No offense Jim. :)

first off im also from lancaster. around East Petersburg so doug is not alone.

Doug drives a t-red
Theres a t-red in litiz that works at the kawasaki dealer
Theres a silver one in Centerville
Theres that green one
Theres my black fake one which has cosmetic damage at the moment
Theres you selling the black one to me!

Welcome

Way to Exclude me Christine!

Sorry.
Don't worry, I still love ya Ian. :)

dont know exactly how much they go for with a blown engine sooo make and offer. or PM for info on the car,pics whatever

Back