• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995-2007 an end of an era...

yomanwill

CEG'er
"stuff' happens I know, just i wish people would pay attention. What could I do? Wrong place at the wrong time sandwiched in between the two vehicles. truck in front of me stopped, I started to follow suit saw the SUV behind me kinda surve a bit (and knew that he was going to get close), so I let of the brake a bit to move forward and POW!! I got the works: airbags, horn, seatbelt, metal..oh well it was a good run.

So lets take a trip down memory lane:

1st pic w/ me and car
me.jpg

A sunny day
b2.jpg

Headgasket:
100_1544.jpg

brakes:
100_1645.jpg

And now:
100_1765.jpg

100_1764.jpg

100_1763.jpg

At least the bumper didn't get hit, nor was anyone hurt badly.

damn it..... glad to see you are ok - another pre98 toasted.. :-( sad sad day.... mine on the otherhand is still alive! wish I could share it with ya

That was a clean looking 95. At least youre okay. I was involved in an accident a couple weeks ago. Luckily, its not totalled and I should get it back tomorrow.

Maybe you can find another one and stay in the Contour family. :)

very very sad to see, im glad you ok. Just remeber it easier to replace the car then any part of your body or any one you know. Feeling i should say it again, im glad everyone is alright.

How long have you owned the car? The way the subject was phrased I thought you were the original owner (or are you?)..

Sad to see the carnage, but you know it protected you well...

no, I am the 4th owner, the pervious owner was going to junk it, but it really only needed a few things to get it going again. Still it was my first car, and for the past three years I have pretty much did everything mostly because it was a fairly easy car to work on (except for the wheel bearings). Yup all of the safety things kicked in, though after the crash the car was still running and the horn was just blaring untill they cut it. I thought this had a fuel cut off in it?

It should, maybe it wasn't triggered? Funny, I had my foot slip off the clutch once, the resulting bucking was enough to trigger mine? Maybe earlier ones didn't have one?

Sorry to see this happen :(

Its tough loosing your first car... I think everyone should park their cars over the winter...too many mishaps!

Same thing happened to my first car, saddest part was when i had to take it to the scrap yard and watch it get ripped apart.

Back