• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what do you think?

jolly8286

Hard-core CEG'er
I was just looking at the front of the new focus and it resembles the contour in a weird way. anybody else notice?

i might be wrong but i'm only talking about the front end, not the whole thing.
2008_Ford-Focus_01.jpg

it was just something that caught my eye. really makes you think if ford designers found out about this site:shrug: . Maybe they want us to buy the new focus. jk. well just wanted to see what everybody thinks.

I dont see a resemblance. And my two cents is that the new Focus =
vommit.gif
Even my friend who is a Focus fanatic cant stand the new ones. I think what happened is Ford tried to lean more towards the "European look" but failed miserably.. Just my two cents.:shrug:

I think the new Focus look is much improved over the old.
One of the reasons I didn't buy one in the past is because it was so fugly.

Yeah I'm actually diggin the look of the new Focus, would prefer the euro Focus, but this one looks good IMO. I didn't like the look of the Focus when it first came out, but the style has grown on me.

it seems to be that people either really like the new vs old focus, or hate it. people seem opinionated, but maybe thats not a very remarkable observation.
I for one like the new styling vs the old, but think we should have a turbo'd awd version instead.

it seems to be that people either really like the new vs old focus, or hate it. people seem opinionated, but maybe thats not a very remarkable observation.
Agreed. I can't stand the latest version. IMO it's the ugliest and most half-hearted thing to come out of Ford in a while (and that's saying something considering some of their recent creations).

Now I've never been a fan of Focus designs, but the last one (mini-MKIII-Mondeo) seemed a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back