• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

odd ebay find

i knew #13 was the saleen...i looked into the saleen last year, but that subject has been beaten to death

those pace cars are sweet looking though!

so this leaves 1,3,4,5 still among the missing

:shrug:

Ok so a long time ago when I was researching the CSVT before I bought it and actually when I came across this site I came across an article about car #1. it too "does not exist" most likely for the same reason that #2 doesn't. It was devoloped for racing and tested in races. I will try and find the article if I can. If memory serves me correctly it was all blue, but it was a pre 98 with the HO 2.5 and most of the other SVT goodies as well as a mixture of Mondeo parts. If Bob bought this car like this from ford as vapor then my best guess is that #1 was sold the same way. Interesting article I will try and find it and I can't believe I missed such a great thread.

i knew #13 was the saleen...i looked into the saleen last year, but that subject has been beaten to death

those pace cars are sweet looking though!

so this leaves 1,3,4,5 still among the missing

:shrug:

4 was up for sale a couple years ago...Almost picked up by a CEG'er. So I'm sure it's still alive. It sold for a LOT of money.

Ok so a long time ago when I was researching the CSVT before I bought it and actually when I came across this site I came across an article about car #1. it too "does not exist" most likely for the same reason that #2 doesn't. It was devoloped for racing and tested in races. I will try and find the article if I can. If memory serves me correctly it was all blue, but it was a pre 98 with the HO 2.5 and most of the other SVT goodies as well as a mixture of Mondeo parts. If Bob bought this car like this from ford as vapor then my best guess is that #1 was sold the same way. Interesting article I will try and find it and I can't believe I missed such a great thread.

Not to bring an old thread up but....

any update on this article?

Back