• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Was in an accident on Friday

Scottster

CEG'er
It looks like this might be the end of the line for the CSVT.

I was in an accident Friday after school that wiped out the front end of the car. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it all happened so fast. I still feel like I am living someone elses bad dream.

Regardless, the car is undrivable as the airbags went off (I wasn't injured though), the rad is broken loose, and the hood, headlights, quarterpanels, bumper, and windshield all have varying forms of damage.

As it stands, I don't really have time to worry about it because school is really giving it to me up the A$$ too. Needless to say I'm pretty upset right now.

The car is sitting in the yard of my Dad's work, where it will stay for a good while I suppose.

I guess the car will be subject to parts scavenging when I get all of the other insurance/school issues dealt with. Right now I don't have time to worry about that.

So, I guess the bottom line is, the CSVT is gone. A car I had dreamed of driving since I can remember daydreaming about back in 7th grade. All of my notebooks from that year are filled with drawings of them.

I only had the car since February too. I admit I never thought this would happen, like I was immune to getting in an accident...let alone one that not only ruins my car, but consequently ruins my way of getting around, and to school more importantly. I sure took the privilege for granted.

I have some good memories to refect back on. Tinkering with the Contour had become a regular pass time for me. I even had a project on the go that I was just about to finish up. I was installing LED's inside the rear reflector, looking forward to unveiling the project on CEG. All of that was in vein now.

I still appreciate all of you guys though. The people I met at the meets, talking about cars, and having a good time.

I'll let you guys know what the result of this whole mess becomes, but I'll just say "Thanks" for all of the good times, insight, and resourcefullness. And I can't help but feel shame for destroying a car that I not only I loved and appreciated, but a car that so many others cherish too.

Oh my that is awful... I would feel terrible, but you have to always look on the bright side of things... #1 your OK.

No chance of buying another one?

Best of luck man.

man. Thats crazy. Your car was gorgeous. She will be missed.

Glad to hear you are ok man, this has been happening a lot lately... I mean, we have seen contour after contour getting totaled.

OMG, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm glad you are not injured tho :). How damaged is the engine? PM me when you get a chance.

Aaron

Wow!! That is awful!

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed. Can't stand to see the only other T-Red SVT locally this side of the border disappear!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

So sorry to hear that bad news, Scott!!!! I know what you're feeling, I just got in an accident the end of August and my car should've been totalled as well. The other car hit me so hard it bent the frame :(

Luckily you weren't hurt at all. I've heard those airbags can be pretty lethal! Let us all know what happens!

Most people take insults pretty lightly from you Alias. Especially when you write things like "vulchers." :p :D

Generally I wait until someone says "Im going to be parting it out" before I start asking for parts. Thats how it was when I got my side skirts... DPA posted that his Pre98 blue tour was in a wreck, he then said he needed some extra cash so he decided to part it out. So at which point I asked him about the side skirts. For some people there is a morning period for a car.

Seems like its a curtiousy kind of thing.

Generally I wait until someone says "Im going to be parting it out" before I start asking for parts.

Maybe AGAIN, you should have read the ENTIRE POST!! What is it with you not reading, and then trying to call someone out? Here you go, since you missed it in his original post.

Scottster said:
I guess the car will be subject to parts scavenging when I get all of the other insurance/school issues dealt with.

Sounds to me like Aaron was asking ahead of time, so he can possibly make an offer down the road. Don't you have some life changing, girl hating thread to start? :rolleyes:

Mark

Maybe AGAIN, you should have read the ENTIRE POST!! What is it with you not reading, and then trying to call someone out? Here you go, since you missed it in his original post.

Sounds to me like Aaron was asking ahead of time, so he can possibly make an offer down the road. Don't you have some life changing, girl hating thread to start? :rolleyes:

Mark

*bows*

My eyes must have skipped that paragraph. Thats what happens when you read it way early in the morning.

Morning period? Needs less ghey. The guy came out unscathed. No blood, no foul. Let the scavaging commence.

Mark

haha, mark is always there to tell someone they are wrong or that they are a dumba$$ haha

I like the pre-98 console and the gauges <3 haha, now only if I had enough money for what you'd want for it *hmm*

Sorry to hear about your loss- Met you at Tony Packos, seemed like you loved the car-- Get that insurance down pat and steal Tazi's car

haha, mark is always there to tell someone they are wrong or that they are a dumba$$ haha

Or I just hate lame excuses like "I was up late and tired." Well if you used that excuse before, don't stay up late and post!

AliasJerk is like a pet dog. When the dog pisses on the carpet, you have to give it a few good smacks to learn its lesson.

Mark

LOL You guys never fail to make me laugh, even when I am feeling this down and out!

I managed to sort some of my school problems out today, and alot of the guys helped me to see the brighter side of things. I suppose I can see the clouds starting to part from this whole mess, but I have still yet to deal with the insurance issues. I am supposed to call a lady tommorow and explain to her what happened. I have heared everything from "Just budget a few hundren bucks more" to as bad as "Dude you won't be driving till your 25".

So at this point I can only expect the worse from insurance. I just hope they allow me to stay aboard, so I can drive to school. Regardless, I'm sure I'll be penny pinching for awhile.

My Dad and I are just fishing for an old bomb that will at least give me wheels for now. Buying another SVT is out of the question, and repairing mine will obviously take more time and money than is practical at this point.

For future reference, (becasue I know you guys are wondering! lol) what is still good on the car is as follows,

Outside (T-red),
*Both skirts w/jack covers
*Rear Bumper
*E-1 rims with 5 month old Goodyear Eagle RS/As 225/50R16 tires.
*Other than the Rad. the engine/tranny/exhaust are salvagable.The powertrain has 123,000 Miles on it.

Inside,
*Tan SVT everything (Except the wheel and dash with airbag bunk)
*Pre-98 console w/ flawless factory boot & full width ashtray cover, also working cup holders.
*I'm probably going to keep the gauges, speakers, and deck...but we'll see.

PS... I have a rear reflector that was a 70% complete work in progress. The whole project is in vein now, but the goal was to install LED strips along the bottom of it's hollow inside, thus lighting it up (a' la Thunderbird rear lights).
I had taken pics of each step along the way too, had the LED lined up to buy, with the intent of doing a "How To" for CEG. I don't know if anyone is interested in this or not, but let me know what you think.
As far as I know, that would have been a "first" and I was really stoked about getting it all hooked up. I guess all I can say is "Oh well".

I'd like the rear bumper......Scott, you have a PM :)

If this is your first serious accident they shouldn't just drop you. My first serious accident was in August, and my insurance didn't even go up a penny. The cop said b/c it was my only violation, my insurance would very unlikely do anything. I won't even get any points on my license :)

Keep us updated as to what you find for your next ride!!

Back