• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT european kit

That's a great point. The BAT kit is probably the safest bet out there for a DD. The springs and struts compliment each other and the kits purpose is for daily sporting driving.

You have to look at what your looking to accomplish with your suspension. Tire/wheel combinations can affect ride and handling as much as spring and damper selection. If you keep the stock tire size, you're keeping more effective spring and therefore comfort. go to a 17, 18, or 19 and you're asking the springs to do most the work, hence a harsher ride. but you'll gain in handling performance usually.

Also some people simply throw on a springs and struts, but all their other suspension components are worn out, bushings, links, ball joints..etc then criticise the springs/struts. Or they put the cheapest, therefore hardest tires on and expect great handling.

Anyway, just a few thoughts before you make a decision. I personally sacrifice a little ride height (comfort) to get the car as low as I can without it being stressful to drive day to day. I don't know what the "ideal" ride height is for the contour for best handling, but I just love the way it looks with more of a drop than the BAT kit, i.e Eibachs.

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Back