• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To those with HID's

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
What hi-beam bulbs are you all using?

What is best for fashion AND functionality.

I need to get some and I am contemplating the different options. Just a plain ol stock replacement, Silverstars, Hella Yellowstar (yellowish...but not as intense yellow/amber as PIAA Ion's), PIAA Ion's (if they come in this size,have not looked) a bulb with a slight bluish tint to try to match my 5000k HID's, ect.

Since I have the PIAA Ion Fog's I don't know if having PIAA Ion's again in the headlights will look good. Basically I don't know WHAT will look best since I have not seen many different options in person.

Thanks guys.

I have Hella yellowstar highs, thats with the projectors off course. I remember having those with my old HID setup (stock lens D2R bulbs) and it was pretty much forget about using highs cause it didnt matter lol. The light from the HID's scattered alot for your highs to work. Now with my projectors I can def. feel the difference. If you plan on upgrading your highs, get Hella Yellowstars, the yelllowness is good for visibility, especially in bad weather, and the color being yellow will stick out more from you HID look..

i have yellow bulbs.. they help out alot.. 6k, with no nam yellow bulbs...lol but they work really good.
IMG_1777-1.jpg

Back