• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Racing Fuel 110 octane

97vulcan

CEG'er
I could get some racing fuel at a local gas station at 110 octane. Would it be worth it to run a bit in the SVT to clean out the engine? would it burn off any carbon, or would it be a waste of money? :shrug:

Thanks,
Adam

LOL! I know. I just saw it today. I don't know how much. I just want to know if it will clean out the intake, or anything on the engine. Besides my wallet.

Adam

waste of money for a contour svt. Unless you have huge boost or a really high compression ratio it will do nothing for you.

So no good for cleaning out the intake? I've heard that higher octane fuel helps burn out the gunk and whatnot.

Thanks for the info! :)

Adam

You can use Seafoam for that. I used some in my Zetec, and it worked wonders. Smoothed the Idle, gas mileage is better.

Perfect!

Thanks guys. The gas station is real close to the Milwaukee Mile, so thats prolly why they are selling it.

-Adam

waste of money for a contour svt. Unless you have huge boost or a really high compression ratio it will do nothing for you.

Even then, it wouldnt have any benefit for you if your still tuned for 93 octane, assuming your not detonating of course.

I bought 108 octane at SZ 05 for $3.50/gallon iirc for my dyno pull, not because it would give better numbers, but just to prevent detonation. I must say it ran like absolute crap. Couldn't even hold an idle. FWIW, C16 (116 octane) is about $10/gallon.

OEM Fuel Recommendation

OEM Fuel Recommendation

According to my owner's manual, the recommended octane grade for the 2.5 Duratec engine is 93, not 87. With the lower octane, you are liable to detonation, especially under acceleration, which can be detrimental to your engine.

The recommended octane for the SVT is premium (no less than 91)

87 is recommended for the STOCK 2.5 Duratec, as per the owner's manual. (www.fleet.ford.com, click "maintenance" then "owner's manual" to download a copy.)

Back