• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Might Be Looking for an SVT

Sadly on Saturday night, while in Atlantic City, my 98.5 E1 was hit and ran quite badly.

Looks like frame damage, axle cracked, rim ruined, front fender and bumper ripped up, as well as the passenger side lights, which I just replaced with OEM Ford's about 8 months ago.:nonono:

I was just in an accident with my car 8 months ago, no frame damage, but pretty severe cosmetic damage to the front end, and on top of the fact that it looks slighlty worse cosmetically this time, the car is completely undriveable, and the last time the bill was around $3400.

I just replaced the f-ing tires to the tune of about $500 6 months ago, and at the same time I ordered and had installed the BAT lowering springs and performance struts, which wound up costing me about $1100 after shipping and installation.

Unreal.

If the insurance totals it out I am sure they are going to try to rape me.
The first accident they contemplated totaling it, and were only going to offer me around $4300-4500.

Now it has a prior accident and about 10,000 more miles.
But I do have all receipts for the tires, struts and springs, install, alignment, etc.

If they fix it I would imagine it will never drive the same.

So if they do total it, I am looking for a new used one, either black or tropic green, although if the price eas right I might, might, think about a silver one.

I needs to have a moonroof, and I prefer no spoiler.

Preferably something without a million mods.

Nothing thats been in any severe accidents or salvage titles.

Would prefer low miles, but if it is a 1 or 2 owner with high miles who has really maintained their car, and has maintenance records I would be fine with that.

Would be extremely interested in a 3L swap.

Any help would be appreciated.

But this all depends on if they total it.

Last edited:
look though the classified area on the main page. you cant post in it yet but you can pm them,

also you can post a wanted ad in the northeast section classifieds.

sorry to hear about your car man, i was recently hit too.

hope you find one or buy back the one if totaled to get more money out of it. people will always need parts

I'm sorry. :( Glad that you are OK!!

Make sure to let the insurance co. know that you just put tires and suspension components on, they'll usually give you extra money if you can prove it.

Good luck with the search. Feel free to post an add in our local classified section.

That's an idea for you, buy it back and sell off the parts.

Well turns out there is supposedly no frame damage:cool: .

Tie Rods, Knuckles, hubs, rim, maybe strut and cosmetic.

And on top of it I was in AC today to pick up the police report, and who pulls up next to me at a red light?

The car that hit and ran me.

Followed em and called 911.

They got caught.

:p

And on top of it I was in AC today to pick up the police report, and who pulls up next to me at a red light?

They got caught.

Good to hear the car's not as bad as thought .

Sweet justice FTW :cool: !!!

They got caught.

Wow! Nice.

that is some luck, noce to see that the person is going to pay for what they did.

something similar resently happened to my gf. she was making a left hand turn and and a woman rolled through the stop sign and hit her car and took off. Luckily someone behind that person saw what happened and calle dit in with the plate number. The eye witness had the same stoy as my gf, she was at the stop sign first and proceed to make her left turn and the other person rolled through the stop sign and hit her and took off. I saw teh police report and the other persons statement was she though my gf pulled in front of her and that she looked for her car at the post office and figured she didn't want a ticket and took off since it was a low speed crash. She also said that many people saw her plate and figured it would come back to my gf if she filed a report. well the person was contacted and already had a court date and her insurance will pay for the damage.

I tell you the hit wasn't hard but it was enought to tweak the whole front end. the hood didn't move but the gap on the passanger side at the headlight is gone and its about 1/4 inch on the drivers side, so big you can get your fingers in the openning.

Good to hear that Jess isn't going to have to pay for the damage to her car Brian. :)

They got caught.

Perfect! That really is sweet justice. :)

Back