• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Work

i got mine from a salvage yard out by elko speedway. this particular place mostly deals with 95+ cars and the engines are all taken out. you can't walk the yard but they will pull stuff for you.

i walked through the warehouse and looked at all teh 3L stuff they had. it ranged from 200-900$. the most expensive engines were the escape ones, but they didnt have any less miles or look any better than my engine. i think i found the place by looking at one of the big car part search engines.

mileage is always a good number to look at, but they also have the compression listed on the tags. mine was between 190-200 on every cylinder. the rest were in the 180's and fluctuated a bit more than my engine.

I wouldn't mind giving you a hand if it works with my schedule. Not sure how much help i'll be as I've never pulled a Contour engine before, but I will need to in the near future so the experience would be nice!

I wouldn't mind giving you a hand if it works with my schedule. Not sure how much help i'll be as I've never pulled a Contour engine before, but I will need to in the near future so the experience would be nice!

Cool
Im not TOO far from Rochestor either. right up 61. Im 10 mins from Cottage Grove and about 20 from Redwing

Cool
Im not TOO far from Rochestor either. right up 61. Im 10 mins from Cottage Grove and about 20 from Redwing

Rochester is off of 52 ;) But that's cool I grew up in that area so I'm up often to see family/friends.

Where about do you live? Near maplewood or Stillwater?

since were on the topic of engine work.

um if i pick up an engine and plan on rebuilding all of it does it matter how many miles are on it?

Planning on starting on a head swap on a 95 Contour GL 2.0 Zetec tonight.
Any one who wishes to come out shoot me a PM
Or just mapquest it

101 Mcknight Rd N
St Paul MN 55119

Hey Joe, your not to far from where my son lives. Hes lives in those apartments at Mcknight and Stillwater on the other side of 94.
I was at his place last Sunday afternoon.

Back