• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To whoever posted about scrapbusters

kcobra

Veteran CEG'er
I just wanted to thank whoever posted about scrapbusters in wayne. my wife got rearended in our contour last night. so i called them and asked if they had any contours. and they told me they had a 99 svt bumper so i drove down there and picked it up for 34.99. i really just wanted to let who ever posted a very heartfelt thank you

George

I need to head out there this weekend. Jason what are you doing friday at like 5?

I just wanted to thank whoever posted about scrapbusters in wayne. my wife got rearended in our contour last night. so i called them and asked if they had any contours. and they told me they had a 99 svt bumper so i drove down there and picked it up for 34.99. i really just wanted to let who ever posted a very heartfelt thank you

George

You're welcome.

That SVT was a nice find. Sure wasn't there last week!

You're welcome.

That SVT was a nice find. Sure wasn't there last week!

yeah it was. Alex and I found it on saturday, it was hiding WAY in the back. I actually got the front bumper off it, and would have gotten the rear, but I couldn't get to the bolts because of how the car was sitting. They must have moved it, because kcobra got to them, but I think they cracked the rear bumper when they moved it. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything good left on the car, its pretty well stripped.

it was way in the back and it was sitting on the rocker panels. had to remove the wheel well liners and reach in through the opening i created to remove the 4 bolts.

George

:shocked: thats dirt cheap... K so, I think im going to check them out if I ever need anything...

yeah it was. Alex and I found it on saturday, it was hiding WAY in the back. I actually got the front bumper off it, and would have gotten the rear, but I couldn't get to the bolts because of how the car was sitting. They must have moved it, because kcobra got to them, but I think they cracked the rear bumper when they moved it. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything good left on the car, its pretty well stripped.

I hope that place keeps their u-pull set up that clean, that's the nicest U-Pull i have ever been to.

does anyone know the proper way to repair the plastic bumpers. or can someone point me in the right direction

does anyone know the proper way to repair the plastic bumpers. or can someone point me in the right direction

3m 8115 bonding material, it is used with something similar to a caulk gun. This stuff is the best and you can also use it to bond plastic to metal. But this stuff is pretty much idiot proof bondo for plastic.

EDIT: I can't find the 3115 on 3M's site but here's a link on their site for similar materials.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/...us_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

Last edited:
Back