• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Shop just Opened in San Jose

Speed Demons

CEG'er
Precision Motorworks
2545 Keystone Ave, Santa Clara, CA 408 985-2316
(Behind Ford Dealership on Steven Creek)

Good work- Recently replaced clutch, flywheel, synchros.
Works on high-end cars mostly. Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Jaguar, VW...
He just came from Mercedes as a Master Technician~ ASE Master Certified.
Has done side work on my car over the years.

thats cool. what kind of work can he do ?? or do for the contour ??
and speed y havent i seen you before, i live in front of the ford dealer or behind the auto parts store.??

I've been around for long time, just dont post as much.
I was one of the first few with a 3L in NorCal.

Most recognized me (in the past) with all the red graphics when I was doing car shows. Maybe the next Meet Ill see ya out there. Im live in the Cambrian area by the other Ford on Capital Expressway.

Last edited:
Has anyone use this shop? I need to have my O2 sensors replaced. Maybe I will stop by tomorrow to see if the guy can do it for me.

Yeah, I was very impressed with the service and personal attention I received. They did a great job repairing my car and in a very timely manner I might add. I have found a new shop for all my future needs. The guys are OUTSTANDING!

I am not a mechanic and I don't have tools and or a garage to work in unfortunately; so I have to bite the bullet and pay for my repairs. I wish I could do my own repairs, but some things are best left to professionals. I got my money's worth and I also got schooled on O2 sensors. I was so ignorant, but not anymore!

Yeah the Manager Chris is really good. Before he opened this shop he was working on Vipers at Dodge and everything at Mercedes short of a SLR. Anyways, he's the only one I trust with my car. Glad you too had a great experience.

Precision Motorworks Rox da house!

Precision Motorworks Rox da house!

Chris, Jeff, and Andy are a great trio! I passed smog and got my tags today thanks to them. My car is running very well and my mileage about doubled. They will do all my future servicing. Thanks Speeddemons for suggesting them. I owe you one, Dood! I saw vintage Mustangs and Tbirds at their shop. They do know their Fords! Goodbye to getting screwed by Frontier Ford forever! Heh heh heh....evil snicker.

im not in noCal, but its really good to hear anytime there is a reputable shop, and also one that does't mind working on a contour without rediculing the owner for actually having a contour

i had a shop like that yrs ago when i had my vdub gti...owners were two brothers that just happened to love vdubs and working on them...they would often do alot of minor stuff to my car for free. it was great going to them even if i wasn't necessarily experiencing a problem...they would still look at my car and hook me up

eventually they sold the shop, though and the service wasn't the same

Welp, after 127K miles a hose for my clutch burst yesterday and I was "hosed". I called up Chris and he arranged a reasonable tow service for me; only 50 bucks for about 10 miles. He inspected my car and found the problem within about two minutes. Man! Talk about great service! I should be back on the road in a few days. Woo hoo!

More great service from PMW!

More great service from PMW!

They repaired my car much sooner than expected. It was ready on Friday; took only one day to get the part needed. I got a call at 4:55 on Friday to come pick it up. They close at 5, but was willing to wait for me to come by. I told them I had to take a bus and it would take up to an hour. Still, they were willing to stay open for me. I told them I would get it Monday morning and thanked them for their kind offer.

Got the car Monday morning and was I surprised! The price was waaay lower than the quote and they had my beauty washed inside and out. Wow! Talk about great service! Again, they are the best! I will never visit another repair shop. I am their customer for life! Saw Speed Demons while I was there. Was nice to see two SVT Contours sitting in the lot. Precision Motor Works rox!

~ValCor

Back