• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Michigan Insurance

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
I'm looking into a SVT and the Insurance is the only thing holding me back..
It is TWICE as much as the mystique! Im 17.. but still that is crazy!

What insurance do you have.. and how much do ya pay?

-Adam

im 16 and i have an SVT...its under my mom's name with me as the designated driver...my insurance is $500 per YEAR! great deal!

Not full coverage obviously.

I should mention both my quotes are full coverage and a healthy plethora of options.

I have a 98.5 SVT and I am 19 years old. My policy is under my own name. I pay $75 a month for PLPD and Comprehensive (protects against theft and vandalism, etc...). Collision is too much for me on a 9 year old car! Just not worth it in my opinion.

Reebs

im 16 and i have an SVT...its under my mom's name with me as the designated driver...my insurance is $500 per YEAR! great deal!
Yeah, Im on the parents & the designated driver on mine as well as not full coverage... Who are you with?

i am on the parents too, but my mom "owns" the car because it makes it A LOT cheaper...but set u as the designated driver on your moms "Car".
i have insurance through Auto Owners

Im under my parents, but im listed as owner of the car. We asked our agent (really cool chick) about if it would be cheaper to put my mom as the primary driver of the car. She responded with "well.... we can do that, but were not stupid. We know you're (me) going to drive the car." Honestly, id stay with my company if they jacked their rates because of how awesoe they are. How many insurance companies do you know what that will give you 3 grand over blue book, and search for more things to raise the value when you're car is totaled? Westfield rocks.

Age 17, full coverage for my SVT under my mom's name is like, $140/month or something like that.

**** I'm not in michigan :D

Last edited:
When I was living in Michigan, I was paying almost $140 a month for full coverage with State Farm. I was living with my parents still, so I had multiple line discount, violation free, and whatever else. Now that I'm in Ohio, it dropped to almost half of that!!! Now I'm paying only $79 a month, and it's going to drop even more in about another week :laugh:

Back