• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heh...

It's because I have to ask to borrow the spring compressor.

But sssshhhh! Don't tell her that.

Umm, I can read ya know. :D

Plus, you don't need the spring compressor.

well with Eibach spring you don't need spring commpressors on the rear springs but the front you might be able to get away without them, iirc we had to use them on the front

when i put on the H&R's i didn't need them for the front. I think i might have had to push down a bit on the rears but i did not use the compressors at all.

and glen will only be doing the front.

Glenn, you can do this. Mounting the whole BAT kit was my first mod, before I even registered. Just read thru Stazi's how to, and it will make much more sense once you start to rip into it. I just hate to see ya blow $130 on something you could do yourself. :shrug: If ya wanna drive out here, I'd give ya a hand. :cool:

Alright, so it's either try to do this myself with no idea what I'm doing...or pay $65 per mount.

$65 per mount installed?? that's not bad either.

but it's really not a big deal...i wish there was a way i could help you out but you've got friends in your general area that can.

$65 per mount installed?? that's not bad either.

but it's really not a big deal...i wish there was a way i could help you out but you've got friends in your general area that can.

$65 on top of the cost of the mounts.

I plan on replacing the bearing plate as well since I'm going to have it apart.

And with a lifetime warranty on the Monroe mounts, they're closer to $70 with the bearing plate.

Alright, so it's either try to do this myself with no idea what I'm doing...or pay $65 per mount.

Umm, hello....we'll help you. I didn't mention it before because I thought you knew that we would.
When do ya wanna do this?

You guys help me too much. I didn't ask because I didn't want to appear to be taking advantage of your helpfulness.

Yeah, OK...

We're here to help each other out. Why take it to a garage and pay more when we can have a "fix it, drain/refill it" meet. I'm sure a bunch of us could use a get together to do some needed maintenance anyway.

No worries Glenn, we're always here to help you.

Yeah, OK...

We're here to help each other out. Why take it to a garage and pay more when we can have a "fix it, drain/refill it" meet. I'm sure a bunch of us could use a get together to do some needed maintenance anyway.

No worries Glenn, we're always here to help you.

I would go...if anything, just to point, laugh, and throw tools at everyone...:laugh:

Back